Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety Jayron Kearse shines in 2nd preseason game
Minnesota Vikings second-year player Jayron Kearse is making a case for starting alongside Harrison Smith at safety.
In the team’s preseason loss to Seattle Friday night, Kearse earned a Pro Football Focus grade of 83.7 after recording two pass breakups and four tackles. Kearse played 40 at strong safety (53 percent), good for third most on the team. He left briefly with a wrist injury but returned.
Kearse, a seventh-round pick, is looking to contribute in a big way in 2017. If he keeps playing like he did Friday, he should get every opportunity to make an impact.
Other notable PFF scores were defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson (86.3), defensive end Danielle Hunter (82.8), cornerback Marcus Sherels (82.6) and tight end Bucky Hodges (81.6).

I'm not sure how anyone in the secondary gets a high grade after giving up 206 to Wilson in the first half...

Bend don't break???

We'll have to review the tape caliber bad...

Did he?  Did he shine?   I thought he missed too many game changing plays...  but that might have blinded me to his shinning.... 

His teamates nicknamed him 'The Crane' !  B)

Cornerback Marcus Sherels (82.6) . That one is kind of a head scratcher for me. 

Not sure those grades reflect what I saw.  I love JK's measurables, but he has to overcome, my opinion, his tentative demeanor.  I have felt this way since they drafted him.  If the hit isn't directly in front of him he waits to see what happens, he is the guy reaching into the pile not, going for the ball.  See him standing next to the pile, not getting up after the whistle. 

Quote: @Norse said:
Cornerback Marcus Sherels (82.6) . That one is kind of a head scratcher for me. 
Well he was about even IMO.  He had a nice deflection and then gave up a TD.  I thought he played typical Sherels defense.  He was in the right place and did his job, just not athletic or big enough to hang with the bigger faster WRs.

I really wanted him to do well. Hope he keeps working hard. He seems to have alot of hussle to him. I like that