Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade deadline Nov. 5th
(Yesterday, 08:40 AM)The ghost formerly known as PG Wrote: Matt Stafford???? Why???? I would be pissed about that move.

That rumor is getting far more yardage than it deserves. 

So the Vikings, paying Darnold $10M and awaiting their prize rookie's return, take on Stafford's $47M cap hit and the rest of his $160M contract that runs into 2026, not to mention give up draft capital they don't have, not to mention upsetting the carefully crafted culture they've built...all so they can downgrade the QB position? Because that's what Stafford would be IMO. Especially mid year. 

It gets floated by Moron Mike Florio, then spread around Twitter by click-baiters to the point where it has to be debunked by legitimate news sources like Ben Goessling. The only thing remaining is for Charley Walters to chime in. Remember his Jefferson trade rumor? That started with Florio, Walters heard it and printed it as a "whisper" and then Florio used Walter's piece as a 2nd source! LOL!
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I think there's zero chance we would trade for Stafford. We already have our next year's QB.

We're not going to bring Stafford in mid-season to learn the offense and hopefully win this year.

Darnold is going to want to pick his next job, so its not like they are getting a guaranteed option going forward, as he'd likely want to test the market first.

With Simmons off the table, our current stable of picks and our current cap sitch, I don’t see any splash moves coming.

I could see Jaycee Horn for sure. He wants a deal. We have the money and a position that is much needed going into next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canthony's post:

(Yesterday, 04:08 PM)Canthony Wrote: I could see Jaycee Horn for sure. He wants a deal. We have the money and a position that is much needed going into next year.

I'd put Horn probably right after Dexter on my wishlist. Might be a little more likely to happen too.

(Yesterday, 04:17 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I'd put Horn probably right after Dexter on my wishlist. Might be a little more likely to happen too.

I just have had that feeling. I honestly think we get Horn. Its one way to make sure you get a player in a draft where we have less picks.

(Yesterday, 04:17 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I'd put Horn probably right after Dexter on my wishlist. Might be a little more likely to happen too.

Horn's healthy right now but he's been hurt a LOT. Whoever pays him is taking a big risk. I don't think KAM would be afraid of that but it's worth mentioning.

I think our DBs could be fine if we could ever get middle push from the DL without having to use stunts to create it. We need to find a guy that can play every down and create pressure in the QBs face, or at least consistently draw a double so our middle blitz would be more effective.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(Yesterday, 05:32 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I think our DBs could be fine if we could ever get middle push from the DL without having to use stunts to create it.  We need to find a guy that can play every down and create pressure in the QBs face, or at least consistently draw a double so our middle blitz would be more effective.

Yep, the team needs D-line talent badly. There wasn't a pass rush against Stafford.

Darrisaw is now ruled out for the year. JFC. So we have to look at that as well. Quesenberry is a solid back up but we are now thin there.