Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the inevitable begins....
https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1848351809418534956

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol

In the first 4 game the #Vikings offense had 13 TDs…
The last two games the offense has scored 3.
#Vikings QB Sam Darnold has thrown only 1 TD in 10 quarters now.
The defense scoring TDs every game isn’t sustainable all year long.

Talented Sam is reverting into Inconsistent Sam which finally rests at Bad Sam. Not all on him, but he's locking into JJ too much and coming up a little small at times. Would love to see Darnold ride high against the Rams and give him and the team a boost of confidence and a feeling of getting back on track after a very close home loss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

With the 28th and 30th ranked defenses on the schedule the next 2 weeks, SD better step it up greatly. Those teams wont lay down, but with this roster those are games that he should be able to feast on and build back some of that confidence he had early on. Im not sure if hes pressing to hard to get Jefferson involved more, or just afraid of turning the ball over, but he certainly isnt trusting the system right now.

It is refreshing to see a QB that doesnt take easy sacks and can extend and make plays with his legs, i think thats a big part of the early success.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

Viking fans are fickle, and more fragile than a preteen girl on social media. Sam Darnold has 12 TDs, 5 INTs and a rating of 104, playing the hardest goddamn schedule in the history of organized competition. A little context: Since week 3, Patrick Mahomes has thrown 1 TD and 4 INTs.

Fun fact: Gotta find a backup for my fantasy team with Jayden Daniel's injury. Oddly, Patrick Mahomes is available. Had to look at it twice, but he is in fact the lowest ranked starting QB in the NFL right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I think Darnold only has Jett’s at this point.

Addison looks addled and in a daze, speedy is still leaning to run routes, and Mundt is a fringy nfl roster player. That’s his targets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

I don't like to play Thursday night games, but this one came at a good time imo.

It's a long season and lots of it left. I agree with Sticky that Sam has come up small lately. But the team around him hasn't done him many favors with pre-snap penalties and mistakes by Addison, Bradbury and A. Jones missing some runs at the end hurt too...

They were ohhh sooo close to letting Reichard attempt a 60+ yarder expect for that stoopid illegal formation that was avoidable. Players were pressing against the Lions.

it'll be interesting to see if Sam can overcome some stuff that is surfacing (i.e. issues with man coverages etc.)

I am back to being warm and comfortable having JJM on the roster. Rooting for Sam the rest of the way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I strongly disagree Sticky. It is not inevitable. (Maybe it is to this cursed franchise).
However with 11 games to go, it's a long season.
Remember, we're 5-1, not 1-5.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

(10 hours ago)purplefaithful Wrote: ...

They were ohhh sooo close to letting Reichard attempt a 60+ yarder expect for that stoopid illegal formation that was avoidable. Players were pressing against the Lions.

I don’t think it was stupid.  I think it was probably the way they train it.  If you can’t get to the line in time to get set for a second, get set wherever you are, take the penalty and at least you have one last play.  I think the alternative reality, would have been that play rushing to the line and the offense snapping the ball before the players got set, which is also a penalty.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

(11 hours ago)Bullazin Wrote: I think Darnold only has Jett’s at this point.

Addison looks addled and  in a daze, speedy is still leaning to run routes, and Mundt is a fringy nfl roster player.  That’s his targets.

Don't forget Jones, he's a hell of a receiver.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1VikesFan's post:

(9 hours ago)medaille Wrote: I don’t think it was stupid.  I think it was probably the way they train it.  If you can’t get to the line in time to get set for a second, get set wherever you are, take the penalty and at least you have one last play.  I think the alternative reality, would have been that play rushing to the line and the offense snapping the ball before the players got set, which is also a penalty.

and if you take the motion penalty its a 10 second run off and the game is over,  intentional or not,  the result was the best case in that situation,  if they had all gotten to the line and set the clock would have been on 0.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?