Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions I ask myself at 5/1
Before the season, I was cautiously optimistic about what might be a decent season. Now at 5-1, I’m still cautious. But it seems everything is a little closer to the goal. A player here and there and continued improvement by those already here, along with more salary cap than we usually see the Vikings have, and they could actually win the Super Bowl sooner than later.

It’s tough with this start, because I was all set up to be disappointed after the first 6 games and probably looking towards next year. My hopes are up now, but we are Vikings fans and we can’t have nice things, so I wonder when it will all come crashing down……..again.

The only thing I'm really disappointed in is that Minnesota could have won that game....and kind of mucked it up toward the end. Didn't get to see the game, so just going on reports. Seems Darnold played fairly well, but didn't when it mattered the most.

(Yesterday, 02:06 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: It is what it is, but to me it's disappointing from the standpoint of you had the Lions losing arguably their best player in Hutchinson last week and that whole deflation, to the Vikings coming off a bye week, healthy, and getting them at home... and we still lost. It's just one game, but it was an important one.

You’re going to lose close games against good teams. It happens. The Lions are a better team but are beatable. 1 play. Had we converted that third down we would have won. Or had we not been penalized on the last play Will the Thrill would have made that kick. 

Football is any given Sunday and we’ve played all the best teams in the NFC already. I don’t know if we go anywhere this year but I do know we were a rebuilding 5-11 team when we opened the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post:

(Today, 07:08 AM)AGRforever Wrote: You’re going to lose close games against good teams. It happens. The Lions are a better team but are beatable. 1 play. Had we converted that third down we would have won. Or had we not been penalized on the last play Will the Thrill would have made that kick. 

Football is any given Sunday and we’ve played all the best teams in the NFC already. I don’t know if we go anywhere this year but I do know we were a rebuilding 5-11 team when we opened the season.

I have ZERO doubt Reichard would have won that game at the end if given the chance.

(Today, 08:31 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I have ZERO doubt Reichard would have won that game at the end if given the chance.

Honestly, I would have let him kick even after the penalty.  Its the first time in my Viking fandom where I was screaming, get the kicker out there.  So what if its 70+.  It would have had a better chance of then a hail mary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post: