Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it Risner time?
Risner is probably a slight downgrade in the run game, but should be a significant upgrade in pass protection. Also have to consider that Risner might have a learning curve playing on the right, which he's never done as a pro. So will we see Risner Thursday night if he's healthy? I think it's time. There was hope for Ingram last year as he seemed to improve slightly, but that has not continued into this year. Make the change. 

It’s time I agree. Tough to bench a second rounder, but it’s difficult to see Ingram improving over a slightly below average G at this point.

Ed may work better in a run heavy offense, or say a Denver that gets the ball out quick you probably would not get more than a 6th for him.

“Ed Ingram had another tough day today. Maybe… we’ll see what happens. Everybody keeps saying, ‘why are you guys talking so much about Dalton Risner possibly being the starter’? That’s what we keep hearing, is that is something [replacing Ingram with Risner] they are considering very seriously.

So, again… I said it to somebody on Twitter this week. We generally, our approach at the Star Tribune, is not to just spout opinions, especially on this show. I think, when we say stuff, it’s generally something we’re hearing, and that we’re fairly confident they’re at least thinking about doing.”

Ben Goessling on Dalton Risner replacing Ed Ingram (Access Vikings Podcast)

Ingram just doesn’t see the field well, not sure it will ever change…    

While I am tempted to say "it can't get any worse", I am reminded that we are 5-1 with him in there as a starter. We've rushed for over 700 yards (Jones, Chandler and Darnold accounting for 97% of yards on the ground). I think it is fair to say "I've seen worse", but the way you lift the ship is to address the weakest link. What I don't know is what the coaches see...Risner vs Ingram.

Is it six of one, half dozen of the other?

(Yesterday, 02:18 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: While I am tempted to say "it can't get any worse", I am reminded that we are 5-1 with him in there as a starter.  We've rushed for over 700 yards (Jones, Chandler and Darnold accounting for 97% of yards on the ground).  I think it is fair to say "I've seen worse", but the way you lift the ship is to address the weakest link.  What I don't know is what the coaches see...Risner vs Ingram.

Is it six of one, half dozen of the other?

I think you definitely reduce pressures on your Qb by changing, maybe 2 or 3 a game.  You do probably lose a little in the run game but we cash our checks with the passing game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

Risner was listed as a full participant in practice today. Sounds like they are getting him ready.

It was a mistake to anoint Ingram a starter based on where he was drafted.

Had he earned a starting spot based on his ability and demonstrated play this whole situation would've played out differently.

Ingram's path to starting should've followed the same path as Brandel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mattyman's post:

I'd put Risner in there, especially considering Darnold takes longer getting the ball out than Cousins did.

(Yesterday, 11:54 AM)Bullazin Wrote: It’s time I agree. Tough to bench a second rounder, but it’s difficult to see Ingram improving over a slightly below average G at this point.

Ed may work better in a run heavy offense, or say a Denver that gets the ball out quick you probably would not get more than a 6th for him.

I dont think you try and move him just yet, successful team can run as well as pass, even though the league seems pass heavy, i think we are seeing a bit of a swing back to the run as defenses get lighter and faster, a run tailored OG may have more value later in the season.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?