Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nix not impressing me
Both of these teams are pretty bad, but Nix is not doing very much tonight besides scrambling. He has missed a couple of easy passes and threw a gift to Mathieu that was dropped.

Not even in JJM's league in my opinion. But hey, at least Sean Payton thinks he swindled us LOL.

I liked him as a prospect, but the ceiling is the big question. I said it pre-draft, is he more Andy Dalton? Dak? Brees?

Brees didn't look very good early in his career with the Chargers. Things finally clicked for him in New Orleans.

It's hard to judge QBs in their rookie year, but Nix looks worse than I thought he would. Everything is short, short, short, and his deep balls are hit or miss. Good scrambler, fiery leader, but their offense is hot garbage. If Denver didn't have such a good defense, they would be in the running for a top 3 pick.

He's nimble and a good leader, but his physical skills are limited. The media insists on telling me how amazing he is but I don't see it yet either. He will certainly need to improve and maybe he will. But watch him now and tell me how high his ceiling is: I don't know. He's not been very accurate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Trying to define any player in year 1 is a mistake, trying to define a QB in their first contract seems to be the same.
Sincerely,
SD
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

So far he's been fine for a rookie. Below avg QB for sure but doing enough that it's not impeding the team as a whole too much. And he's gaining good experience.

If this is his ground floor and he keeps improving, he can be a very good QB. If he's closer to his ceiling already, as some worry, then he could still be a serviceable QB on a cheap deal for the next 4 seasons. Either way I'm sure Denver is content with the early returns.

As far as, is he going to be "a problem" in the NFL for a long time? Ehhh yeah not really seeing that.

I was off. I thought he’d be good.

Las Vegas had the Broncos at 5-5.5 wins for the season. They're already at 4-3. They've got a good D. Say what you want about Sean Payton (I met him years ago at a conference...he was the next door neighbor of the guy who's company was hosting it...it was during his "BYE" season when he was dismissed from the Saints...bye bye. Still, he was quite reflective, and apologetic for what happened. This is only the second season of him remolding the team into what he wants...remember he inherited Russell Wilson and that massive cap hit.

Having said all that, he has Nix. A rookie QB. And he's winning more than he's losing.
Long-term, I still like Nix. I think he's going to do well for them over his career.