Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get this dude locked in for a contract extension....
.....sky is the limit with this guy:

“You know the NFLPA report card?” #Vikings RT Brian O’Neill said in August, “[Kevin O'Connell] is the report card. He sets the tone for the entire building.”

- From the @alec_lewis piece where he highlights hits the 'chemistry and scheme' to the 5-0 start this season.

[Image: GaGEdurXgAAyxKU?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[-] The following 5 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I dont know if the ownership group got lucky, good or some combo.

Doesnt matter anymore, pay what you need to do to keep him here for a while.

We're just starting to see the fruits of coaching/scouting/front office working together. If you want to be a top NFC/NFL team? Thats what its going to take; luck and everyone pulling together.
[-] The following 3 users Like purplefaithful's post:

I would extend KAM as well. He had a very off season. Drafted JJ and Turner and brought in a half dozen+ FAs who are working out great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dadevike's post:

Trade him to Vegas for a first and promote Flo!!!- someone on X, probably.

But in all seriousness yes, KO is the man. Loved the hire at the time and mostly ever since. KAM too.

KAM needs to beef up is draft scouting dept or listen to them. To many misses. Glass still half full
[-] The following 1 user Likes Still Hurtn's post:

(10-18-2024, 09:29 AM)Still Hurtn Wrote: KAM needs to beef up is draft scouting dept or listen to them. To many misses. Glass still half full

My impression is the # of his draft picks on the team/contributing is abysmal. I'm too lazy to look it up to be sure. FA looks strong.

If he hit on JJM/Turner, I forgive him. 

But the jury is out on those two.. 

I gotta see it for myself b4 I believe it.

(10-17-2024, 04:37 PM)dadevike Wrote: I would extend KAM as well. He had a very off season. Drafted JJ and Turner and brought in a half dozen+ FAs who are working out great.

Agree. Extend them both. They seem to work well together. Like all GMs, KAM has had some failures, but he and KOC seem to be in lockstep when it comes to roster building and culture. One of the things I like most about KAM is that he listens to his staff, his coaches. The best leaders do this. He's not one of these asshats who thinks he knows best about everything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(10-18-2024, 09:45 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Agree. Extend them both. They seem to work well together. Like all GMs, KAM has had some failures, but he and KOC seem to be in lockstep when it comes to roster building and culture. One of the things I like most about KAM is that he listens to his staff, his coaches. The best leaders do this. He's not one of these asshats who thinks he knows best about everything.

I don't think we would appreciate the working relationship these two have as much if we hadn't suffered through the dysfunction of Spielman and Zimmer.  And Zimmer's performance in Dallas so far this season pretty much cements that his 'Best Before" shelf life date is over.  We know what bad looks like, only too familiar to all of us.  So to see something good (like KOC/KAM/BFlo) is like a refreshing drink on a hot dry day.  But we're also afraid to trust fully in it, aren't we?  We've been burned so many times as lifelong Vikings fans, that we feel that we aren't allowed to have nice things.

Maybe we are.
[-] The following 3 users Like Montana Tom's post:

Current estimates put O'Connell pay at #15 ($5mm-$7mm)

Is he worthy of top 10 $$$ next?

12) Matt LaFleur, Green Bay Packers – $6 million
11) Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills – $8 million

10) Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars – $8.5 million
9) Mike Macdonald, Seattle Seahawks – $9 million
8) Frank Reich, Carolina Panthers – $9 million
7) John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens – $12 million
6) Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers – $12.5 million
5) Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers – $14 million
4) Sean McVay, Los Angeles Rams – $15 million
3) Jim Harbaugh, Los Angeles Chargers – $16 million
2) Sean Payton, Denver Broncos – $18 million