Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Jones 'likely' to play Sunday against the Lions
#Vikings RB Aaron Jones is “LIKELY” to play Sunday against the #Lions, per @RapSheet

But sounds like TJ won't be.....

No, I just posted in another thread that JJ told the press TJH will not play Sunday.

I hope Jones can really go a whole game and is at a high % recovery. He's gotta strap it on again just 4 days later @ LA.

(3 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: #Vikings RB Aaron Jones is “LIKELY” to play Sunday against the #Lions, per @RapSheet

But sounds like TJ won't be.....

Wow, over the years I like to think I've gotten pretty good at interpreting coachspeak when it comes to injuries and I would've bet my Borgie that Jones was not going to play. 

This is good news; we need all hands on deck for Detroit. But considering it's a hammy, I'm not sure how wise it is. Hammies are notorious teases, and if Jones has a set back that puts him out several more weeks, we could regret it.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(3 hours ago)MaroonBells Wrote: Wow, over the years I like to think I've gotten pretty good at interpreting coachspeak when it comes to injuries and I would've bet my Borgie that Jones was not going to play. 

This is good news; we need all hands on deck for Detroit. But considering it's a hammy, I'm not sure how wise it is. Hammies are notorious teases, and if Jones has a set back that puts him out several more weeks, we could regret it.

Is it a hammy?  I heard that it was a hip pointer which is obviously a lot quicker and more defined healing process.

(2 hours ago)badgervike Wrote: Is it a hammy?  I heard that it was a hip pointer which is obviously a lot quicker and more defined healing process.

Aaron Jones is listed on the injury report with a hamstring injury. You could see him grabbing his hamstring on the sidelines in the London game. He had tweaked his hip in pregame warmups and took a hit during the game which took him out. But the hamstring was also an issue in the Jets game.

It may be unrelated to Jones' and Cashman's injuries, but the reason I don't like overseas games is the playing fields. I doubt they are up to NFL standards - not that the NFL cares about that when they are trying to expand their revenue base. You see players sliding around more in Europe. Chandler looked like crap in London. He looked slower and needed to collect himself before starting to run. Was that the field, too? Maybe I am paranoid, but I don't like the Vikings playing in Europe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dadevike's post:

(2 hours ago)badgervike Wrote: Is it a hammy?  I heard that it was a hip pointer which is obviously a lot quicker and more defined healing process.

Early reports suggested hip pointer. It was later changed to hamstring. I heard somewhere the injury was where the hamstring connects to the hip. I've had a hip pointer before and that's just a pain tolerance issue. Hammies are different. But I doubt they'd play him if they were concerned he could make it worse. At least I hope they wouldn't.