Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns getting a dome

How many of these threats to move to the suburbs...actually result in a move to the suburbs (Vikings to Arden Hills, Bears to Arlington Heights, etc). Sounds like some posturing to me for a better deal in Cleveland.

I always think of the NE as open air football....But I used to think of the Vikings that way too.

I hate seeing more domes to be honest.

That said, there is no way in hell I'd sit out on a cold rainy night in Oct/November to watch a game anymore. I had my days at the Met.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(Yesterday, 04:38 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I always think of the NE as open air football....But I used to think of the Vikings that way too.

I hate seeing more domes to be honest.

That said, there is no way in hell I'd sit out on a cold rainy night in Oct/November to watch a game anymore. I had my days at the Met.

The cost of building a new NFL stadium these days pretty much mandates a multi-use, multi-season facility, that is weather-proof.

The NFL plays into January, Super Bowl in February.  An 18th game "might" extend the season into mid-February (unless they start the season in August by eliminating one preseason game, but nobody has said for sure.  Plus with an 18th game, there is talk about a second bye week).

Weather-proofing ticketed events is pretty much mandated these days, particularly in any Northern climate (or should I say also Southern climate, i.e. Phoenix, Miami, Las Vegas, Dallas et al, that are either prone to intense heat or intense rainstorms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

With the Bills building a new stadium, in that location it was dumb to not put a dome on it or at least a partial dome to cover the stands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

(5 hours ago)Greylock Wrote: With the Bills building a new stadium, in that location it was dumb to not put a dome on it or at least a partial dome to cover the stands.

As a NY resident, I totally agree. My wife is a Bills fan & she agrees that the stadium should've been covered.