Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns getting a dome

How many of these threats to move to the suburbs...actually result in a move to the suburbs (Vikings to Arden Hills, Bears to Arlington Heights, etc). Sounds like some posturing to me for a better deal in Cleveland.

I always think of the NE as open air football....But I used to think of the Vikings that way too.

I hate seeing more domes to be honest.

That said, there is no way in hell I'd sit out on a cold rainy night in Oct/November to watch a game anymore. I had my days at the Met.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(Yesterday, 04:38 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I always think of the NE as open air football....But I used to think of the Vikings that way too.

I hate seeing more domes to be honest.

That said, there is no way in hell I'd sit out on a cold rainy night in Oct/November to watch a game anymore. I had my days at the Met.

The cost of building a new NFL stadium these days pretty much mandates a multi-use, multi-season facility, that is weather-proof.

The NFL plays into January, Super Bowl in February.  An 18th game "might" extend the season into mid-February (unless they start the season in August by eliminating one preseason game, but nobody has said for sure.  Plus with an 18th game, there is talk about a second bye week).

Weather-proofing ticketed events is pretty much mandated these days, particularly in any Northern climate (or should I say also Southern climate, i.e. Phoenix, Miami, Las Vegas, Dallas et al, that are either prone to intense heat or intense rainstorms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

With the Bills building a new stadium, in that location it was dumb to not put a dome on it or at least a partial dome to cover the stands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

(5 hours ago)Greylock Wrote: With the Bills building a new stadium, in that location it was dumb to not put a dome on it or at least a partial dome to cover the stands.

As a NY resident, I totally agree. My wife is a Bills fan & she agrees that the stadium should've been covered.

(5 hours ago)Greylock Wrote: With the Bills building a new stadium, in that location it was dumb to not put a dome on it or at least a partial dome to cover the stands.

100%  Last year 12 people had amputations of the toes and fingers due to frost bite during the KC playoff game. The 2027 Super Bowl is going to be on Valentine Day.  You can't just be adding extra weeks to the season and keep pushing out the season without making the necessary adjustments for cold weather cites. The NFL should have a mandate that if the weather is below a certain wind chill that the game has to be moved.  Then you will see cities like Buffalo make sure there is a roof on their stadium.  It is beyond irresponsible for the Bills owners and the city of Buffalo to spend all that money and not have a roof.