Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears-Commanders flexed to 4:25 p.m. in Week 8
from PFT

The NFL has made a couple of changes to the Week 8 schedule, putting the battle between the No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks of this year’s draft in a more prominent viewing window.

Bears at Commanders, originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, Oct. 27, will now be played at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS. That makes it likely that the No. 1 broadcast team headed by Jim Nantz and Tony Romo will be on the call.

With that, the NFL has flexed Eagles at Bengals to 1 p.m. on CBS.

The primetime games for Week 8 all remain the same. The Vikings will visit the Rams on Thursday, Oct. 24. Dallas will play at San Francisco for Sunday Night Football. And the Giants will play at the Steelers on Monday, Oct. 28.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

This is what the NFL dreams about for matchups: young talented QBs. So easy to market to the fence sitting demographic that the NFL craves. The casuals. They know they have the hardcores, but the fans that only watch for dynamic plays or players are coveted. The fans that don't know that Caleb Williams went to USC or have ever watched Jayden Daniels in college. The fans that don't watch the Draft or keep track of who's drafted and find out months later when their faces are plastered on TNF or MNF. Fans that couldn't name one starter on the offensive line of their home town team. Those are the eyeballs they want, because they would just as easily watch something else if not for the draw of a young exciting QB.

I've seen a lot of Daniels this year, but I haven't seen Williams play at all except for highlights. This will be fun to watch.

ITs early, but one or both these kids is going to be the future Staubach or Michael Vick of the league. Some high ceiling QB's coming out next year too. ITs quite the machine...

(10-16-2024, 08:00 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: ITs early, but one or both these kids is going to be the future Staubach or Michael Vick of the league. Some high ceiling QB's coming out next year too. ITs quite the machine...

And there were people writing Caleb off after like 2 games ha. In general, most if not all of the rookie QBs who are playing this year are doing well enough to look like they belong in there. Can't wait to see Penix and McCarthy get their eventual shots.

(10-16-2024, 08:18 AM)pattersaur Wrote: And there were people writing Caleb off after like 2 games ha. In general, most if not all of the rookie QBs who are playing this year are doing well enough to look like they belong in there. Can't wait to see Penix and McCarthy get their eventual shots.

You're going to see JJM next year....Penix? Not sure when. Maybe when he's 26? Trevor Lawrence will have 5 to 6 seasons under his belt in the NFL before Penix probably starts one game.

(10-16-2024, 08:18 AM)pattersaur Wrote: And there were people writing Caleb off after like 2 games ha. In general, most if not all of the rookie QBs who are playing this year are doing well enough to look like they belong in there. Can't wait to see Penix and McCarthy get their eventual shots.

It's early. They shouldn't have been written off, but I think it's too early to say whether or not they'll have a long career in the NFL. Daniels looks pretty good, but Williams I'm not convinced on. He put up some yards against Jax and Carolina, but what happens when he plays a team with a defense?

(Yesterday, 07:08 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: It's early. They shouldn't have been written off, but I think it's too early to say whether or not they'll have a long career in the NFL. Daniels looks pretty good, but Williams I'm not convinced on. He put up some yards against Jax and Carolina, but what happens when he plays a team with a defense?

I was driving back from the vet this morning, listening to ESPN radio. The hyperbole is off the charts nuts. Now Williams is the best.....3 weeks ago Chicago drafted another 'bust'. Jayden Daniels is on his way to the "Hall of Fame" (yes, this was said this morning on whatever national crew is working the morning radio shift on ESPN radio). This was a short drive, less than 10 minutes each way, and the amount of overreactions packed into that timeframe was amazing. Build you up to tear you down and vice versa. Obviously this overhype formula works with certain age groups.

(Yesterday, 07:18 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I was driving back from the vet this morning, listening to ESPN radio. The hyperbole is off the charts nuts. Now Williams is the best.....3 weeks ago Chicago drafted another 'bust'. Jayden Daniels is on his way to the "Hall of Fame" (yes, this was said this morning on whatever national crew is working the morning radio shift on ESPN radio). This was a short drive, less than 10 minutes each way, and the amount of overreactions packed into that timeframe was amazing. Build you up to tear you down and vice versa. Obviously this overhype formula works with certain age groups.

Overreacting is their bread and butter especially at ESPN

tripscan top войти в личный<a href="https://trjpscan.top/">https tripscan</a>