Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings open Risner's practice window

It'll take him two weeks get up to speed. But yes, competition please....

Nice! I was getting kind of worried. Great news

I'm already looking at the top OG's in the draft next spring. Leap frog the current prospects to a Pro-Bowl level RG.

Dalton Risner Grateful for Return to Vikings Practice, Reps at Right Guard  Smile

https://www.vikings.com/news/dalton-risn...ight-guard

The Purple Persuasion @TPPSkol
Per @BenGoessling via @AccessVikings
He got a "vibe" that @Vikings G Dalton Risner is expecting to "be out there".

Goessling also believes current RG Ed Ingram "leash is not terribly long" and if Ingram struggles again, the switch to Risner is imminent.

“I got a little bit of a vibe the way [Dalton Risner] talked the other day, and I don't know this for sure, but I got a little bit of a vibe of like, yeah, I'm expecting to be out there. I think if Ed Ingram struggles again, I don't think the switch could be very far away at right guard.”

I "heard" Risner was a bit salty over how long its taken for the Vikings to even get to this point to getting him on the field.

Probably not unheard of in these situations.

(Yesterday, 11:32 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I "heard" Risner was a bit salty over how long its taken for the Vikings to even get to this point to getting him on the field.

I also heard he's a little miffed they didn't sign him to a longer term deal. But its not like anyone else was knocking down his door.

(Yesterday, 11:32 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I "heard" Risner was a bit salty over how long its taken for the Vikings to even get to this point to getting him on the field.

If true he's kind of dipshit. The earliest he could have come off the IR and practice with the team was the week of the London game. You arent going to activate a guy to take up a roster spot when he has zero chance of flying to London and being of value. The following week was a bye week so he gets two  actual practices. This was the first week with full practice since he was eligible to return. 

Ingram isn't great but Risner isn't exactly anything to get excited about. Says a lot about how the NFL views him when in 2023 he doesn't sign until the end of September and 2024 end of May. Both times for significantly less than he was asking. This is a lateral move, you are essentially swapping weaknesses. Instead of seeing pressure and the pocket blown up on passing downs you are going to see the number of zero and negative runs increase. So I guess it's pick your poison.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigbone62's post: