Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Minnesota is going to beat Detroit
Probably like most of our games, this ones going to come down to winning the turnover battle and capitalizing on those turnovers. So much of our defense is predicated on pressuring the QB into making mistakes. We’re not a stifling D that really stops opposing teams. On offense, I think it’s going to be key that we stay on the field for a decent chunk of time. I think our defense is at risk of getting gassed and we’ll just need to stay off the field and help them stay fresh.
[-] The following 2 users Like medaille's post:

This could be a really close game with the Vikings winning by a field goal as time runs out. But two X factors will be the home crowd and the refs. I say the refs because the league seems to have deemed the Lions to be Super Bowl bound or at least NFCCG so the refs may favor the Lions in their calls. Just my opinion which doesn't mean anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

I think the biggest thing in our favor is that we've already beaten several very good teams. The Lions have performed well against a much lower level of competition.

Just remember, the last time the Lions played in Minnesota, they won 30-24 by shutting down our run game and daring Nick Mullens to beat them. He almost did, passing for 411 yards. But, as he often does, he threw 4 INTs. The last came on a potential game winning drive at the 5 yard line. Vikings also played without Jordan Addison who left the game early with an ankle. Brian O'Neill didn't play at all, nor did our best corner Byron Murphy and our 2nd best corner Blackmon. Our two starting corners in that game were Akayleb Evans and Andrew Booth. Yeah, no shit.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(10-16-2024, 12:20 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Just remember, the last time the Lions played in Minnesota, they won 30-24 by shutting down our run game and daring Nick Mullens to beat them. He almost did, passing for 411 yards. But, as he often does, he threw 4 INTs. The last came on a potential game winning drive at the 5 yard line. Vikings also played without Jordan Addison who left the game early with an ankle. Brian O'Neill didn't play at all, nor did our best corner Byron Murphy and our 2nd best corner Blackmon. Our two starting corners in that game were Akayleb Evans and Andrew Booth. Yeah, no shit.

I remember that game all to well. They pulled me back in and then that last f-ing HORRIBLE interception by Mullens broke me. I was done for the year after that. Such a horrible year loaded with injuries and bullshit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

A home game off a London road game ,after a BYE, is as fortunate a break as a team can get

Whoever wins this game will be best in the NFC.

NCAA and NFL games this weekend are gonna be really good.