Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Akers
Anyone hear we traded for him?

Dont see it anywhere
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

It appears so. Hope this doesn't mean Aaron Jones will be out longer than we thought. Sounds like a '26 conditional 6th with a conditional 7th coming back.

Just got the alert on ESPN. Doesn’t give good vibes on the Aaron Jones front

Fck....

Jones practiced just yesterday and the arrow (I thought) was pointing-up?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Gave up conditional 2026 6th round. Get back a conditional 2026 7th round. Not sure of conditions, but very little.

(10-15-2024, 05:58 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Fck....

Jones practiced just yesterday and the arrow (I thought) was pointing-up?!

I don't think it necessarily means bad news on the Jones front, but I have heard whispers that Jones could be out longer than just a game or two. We'll see. 

I was thinking we could use another back even before Jones was hurt. Akers was the 3rd back in Houston and he'll be the 3rd back for us. Plus, he's a zone runner, he knows our offense and he has a reputation for being a very good pass blocker.

(10-15-2024, 06:17 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I don't think it necessarily means bad news on the Jones front, but I have heard whispers that Jones could be out longer than just a game or two. We'll see. 

I was thinking we could use another back even before Jones was hurt. Akers was the 3rd back in Houston and he'll be the 3rd back for us. Plus, he's a zone runner, he knows our offense and he has a reputation for being a very good pass blocker.

I thought the RB room was a bit thin too...I wasn't happy when we let him go, he was clearly at home running zone here. 

I would love to see us pick-up a 225-235 lb bruiser next year. 

You know that guy that will get you 4 when you need 3 and get you 4 when you need 5...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Important move. Anyone can see what happens when Jones is not in the lineup. Good move.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bullazin's post: