Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Browns
(10-14-2024, 08:47 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: JMO, but I think the amount of hatred and vitriol he's received (Watson) over this sexual harassment/massage thing, how everyone knows about it, etc., I think it destroyed him mentally. There's no escaping it. Its always a burden on his mind, every interaction with reporters, whether its mentioned or not. Its hanging in the air. He looks broken playing football.

Completely. He brought it on himself (allegedly) but yeah he's done. Amazing talent but it's hard to see that special football player from ~2019 ever returning. Not holding my breath but hopefully he can take his time and money and turn his life around and use his resources for good. He can rehab his image to some degree, if he puts in a LOT of time and work over the rest of his life.

Well I do think that due to the nature of Watson’s issues, there is no sympathy for the Browns being bad. They hitched their wagon to him and he’s been abysmal and everyone except Browns fans are pretty happy about it.

At 1-5, I think their fate is pretty well set. It would take a miracle to overcome this. I heard someone mention that it might be poetically fitting if Watson’s poor performance gave them the draft pick they use to replace him. Not sure anyone would have the stomach to tank that way though. Winston could give them enough of a boost to knock them out of QB range.

(10-14-2024, 08:47 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: JMO, but I think the amount of hatred and vitriol he's received (Watson) over this sexual harassment/massage thing, how everyone knows about it, etc., I think it destroyed him mentally. There's no escaping it. Its always a burden on his mind, every interaction with reporters, whether its mentioned or not. Its hanging in the air. He looks broken playing football.

He has shown no remorse, responsibility , or accountability for his actions. Actions have consequences. Yes he is going through the legal process, I thought there was another settlement. But the league and the Haslams gave him 230 million dollars. That's a reward for shitty behavior. So the consequences are playing out in his head. It's karma. Supposedly his shoulder is messed up. The Browns are enabling him. Do I feel sympathy for him? Hell no
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vikergirl's post: