Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: The Jets have fired HC Robert Saleh
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Maybe the problem isn't Saleh or Hackett. Maybe the problem is this asshat...

When you wear the Lebanese flag on your shirt during a game in London, I can’t imagine you’re doing yourself any favors.

They’ll say it wasn’t the reason why, but they just fired a guy who was 2-3 with a long season to go. I’m sure many “reasons” will be shopped, but at the end of the day, it was exceptionally stupid to wear that flag under current conditions.

(10-10-2024, 07:36 PM)Havoc Wrote: When you wear the Lebanese flag on your shirt during a game in London, I can’t imagine you’re doing yourself any favors.

They’ll say it wasn’t the reason why, but they just fired a guy who was 2-3 with a long season to go. I’m sure many “reasons” will be shopped, but at the end of the day, it was exceptionally stupid to wear that flag under current conditions.

He's Lebanese.

(10-11-2024, 03:43 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: He's Lebanese.

There's a section of media that would love this to be political just to stir shit up, but Saleh wore the flag decal last year too. It's part of the NFL's Heritage Program. Bynum has a Philippine flag on his helmet. Asamoah has the flag of Ghana.

(10-08-2024, 01:44 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: [Image: GZVw6H-XMAA-paA?format=jpg&name=small]

This is funny and Saleh was dealt a bad hand, but it also kind of points to the fact that nothing changed with the offense with different players running it, so maybe the coaches are the problem.

To Cowherd's argument-- he's right but also, in 2024 it rarely makes sense to have a Defensive HC who's beholden to the success or lackthereof, of an offense he has nothing to do with. If things go great the OC is gone and if things go south the OC is gone and eventually, so is the HC. Even if the defense is playing well.

Sean McDermott will be the next guy this happens too, I think. And maybe soon.

Bills v Jets should be a good one this weekend.

Lions/Cowboys too 

If I'm Buffalo? I'm kicking the Davante Adams tires

Saleh tried to do the same and it helped get him canned...

[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: