Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Path to stardom for Lion's WRer Jameson Williams
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/4157...fl-stardom

Star?? He's 23rd in the NFL in receiving yardage. 2 TDs. A hot bag of dog shit until this point. lol, stardom.....its nuts how ridiculous some of these hype articles are from ESPN.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Maybe. But they fleeced us to get him and at least he's producing something as opposed to the nothing from Booth and Cine who are both already gone.

JMO but I wouldn't thump my chest about how bad he supposedly is 10 days before he comes to town with a chance to make that take look stupid.

(10-09-2024, 08:03 AM)comet52 Wrote: Maybe.  But they fleeced us to get him and at least he's producing something as opposed to the nothing from Booth and Cine who are both already gone. 

JMO but I wouldn't thump my chest about how bad he supposedly is 10 days before he comes to town with a chance to make that take look stupid.

I'm going by what he's done and what he's doing currently, so no chest thumping going on, only dealing in reality. This is his 3rd season, he's done zero to this point before this season and he's currently 23rd in the league in yardage....that's a star to you? You brought up KAM, not me. Everyone can have a good game, so that would make my take 'look stupid'? I'm not comparing the trade, I'm talking about a hyperbolic article. 

The agendas with KAM always make me laugh. I swear, some of you would love for Jameson to be good so you can bag on KAM even harder. Wink

The headline is hyperbolic. He's got a long ways to go to become a star. But right now Detroit has to be feeling better because he's turned into a reliable big play threat for them starting late last year and through their first 4 games this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

Full headline should read, Path to stardom for Lion's WRer Jameson Williams largely untraveled.

He can fly and seems to be putting things together but yeah this feels like an article for the end of a great season, not week 5. He's like the 5th best skill player on his own team.

He can beat you with his speed on go routes and crossers, but that's all he does. He's not a route runner or a reliable catcher of the football.

In three seasons he has 38 receptions, 684 yards and 5 TDs. To compare, Jahan Dotson, the guy taken 4 spots below Williams, and is generally considered a bust, has 89 receptions for 1066 yards and 11 TDs. Jamo's numbers are more in line with Nailor and Powell.

Trade aside, Williams is trending-up - but that ceiling's height is still undetermined

Be interesting come 2nd contract and what Detroit feels he's worth (or not).. As MB points out, he is a limited player. Splash play now and then.

(10-09-2024, 08:09 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I'm going by what he's done and what he's doing currently, so no chest thumping going on, only dealing in reality. This is his 3rd season, he's done zero to this point before this season and he's currently 23rd in the league in yardage....that's a star to you? You brought up KAM, not me. Everyone can have a good game, so that would make my take 'look stupid'? I'm not comparing the trade, I'm talking about a hyperbolic article. 

The agendas with KAM always make me laugh. I swear, some of you would love for Jameson to be good so you can bag on KAM even harder. Wink

I didn't say he was a star. Just saying don't throw stones living in a purple glass house.

As for dunking on KAM with an "agenda", try harder. You might recall I'm the guy who posted a thread here not long ago called KAM wins the off-season. I wanted the team to hire him and I pushed back hard on other posters here making repeated veiled references to his race.

I give him credit where it's deserved but that stinker trade and draft is still stinking. It takes a long time to get a stain like that out of the rug.