Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets-Vikings Game Day Observations
D.J. Reed with super tight coverage.

(8 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: Gink said Rodgers said, 'Merry Christmas' when he saw him later......I'm like, dude you got snookered. It wasn't a gift, it was a game planned takeaway. Rodgers didn't even see him. Good defensive strategy executed to perfection.

That's such a Rodgers response though. Eisen was salivating all over him even though he played like shit. He doesn't take any accountability when he messes up ever

(5 hours ago)Montana Tom Wrote: For the second time this season, Pace had a boneheaded penalty. 
The first was slapping the head of an opposing player (game?) when we had a good Defensive play.  15 yard unsportsmanlike.
And then Sunday, it was Pace who ran into the punter and incurred that 15 yard penalty that kept the Jets alive so they could score that TD and stay in the game.

He's gotta learn to keep his head together.

He barely touched the punter and it was most likely due to the wet conditions where he slid further than expected.  Yes, the result sucked, but it wasn't a 'boneheaded" play, just one to learn from.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

(3 hours ago)Waterboy Wrote: He barely touched the punter and it was most likely due to the wet conditions where he slid further than expected.  Yes, the result sucked, but it wasn't a 'boneheaded" play, just one to learn from.

Was it Pace? I thought they said Ward got that one too? Ward was the unnecessary block in the back on the punt return that got called back IIRC. If it was Pace then I owe JW an apology, the block in the back was still pretty dumb as he himself had already cleared the ball carrier.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

(5 hours ago)Montana Tom Wrote: For the second time this season, Pace had a boneheaded penalty. 
The first was slapping the head of an opposing player (game?) when we had a good Defensive play.  15 yard unsportsmanlike.
And then Sunday, it was Pace who ran into the punter and incurred that 15 yard penalty that kept the Jets alive so they could score that TD and stay in the game.

He's gotta learn to keep his head together.

Watch the replay. I’m not sure what Pace could have done differently unless he tried not to pressure the punter. 

He tried exceptionally hard to miss the punter. To me it almost looked like the punter schnokered him into it with a hop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post:

(2 hours ago)AGRforever Wrote: Watch the replay. I’m not sure what Pace could have done differently unless he tried not to pressure the punter. 

He tried exceptionally hard to miss the punter. To me it almost looked like the punter schnokered him into it with a hop.

I heard the announcer (Eisen or Warner) say it was on Pace.  I thought it was a weak call, but it was a call.  I would coach Pace up and show him how to not get into that situation.  He's a good, hard player.