Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would be worried if I were a 49ers fan
Looks like the starting of the downside of their apex performance as a team the last few years. On the other side of the curve. And what about Brock Purdy? Love him or is he limited? He needs a great team around him to succeed....that's a tough standard to keep year after year and he's due a big payday, next year is the last year on his rookie contract. Is he a lock to get that next big bag o' money? Maybe he is. But Purdy isn't a come from behind QB. If you know he's passing, you can shrink the field because he can't fling it. But they are missing McCaffrey.....I won't discount that factor.

Jordan Mason has been a nice backup to McCaffrey. He's sitting at #2 behind Derrick Henry in total Rushing yards through 5 games. Acknowledge that he probably falls behind McCaffrey in receiving. He's had 10 receptions for 97 yards through 5 games (2/game avg 4.9 yards/reception). By comparison, last season McCaffrey avg 3.9/game and 8.4 yards/reception). McCaffrey avged 85.8 yards/game on the ground and Mason has avg'd 107.2 yards/game through 5 games.

Not a lot of falloff. Niners have talent at RB.

Purdy was the last pick of the draft for a reason. Maybe the rest of league is figuring him out, what he can do and what he can't do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

(4 hours ago)Greylock Wrote: Purdy was the last pick of the draft for a reason.  Maybe the rest of league is figuring him out, what he can do and what he can't do.

IMO, I'm not saying Purdy is bad. He's not. I just wonder if he can elevate the team consistently like some other guys can. Does he have that physical ability as part of the equation? I'm asking.

49ers are just banged up IMO. If they get healthy, they have the talent to go on a run.

I mean they haven't had CMC all season and who knows if he'll be back this year. Jordan Mason has filled in nicely, but he doesn't affect opposing defenses like CMC does.

Deebo missed two out their 5 games with an injury.

Aiyuk held out all training camp and struggled to get on the same page with Purdy until this week.

Kittle missed a game due to a hammy.

And their Kicker Moody went out with an injury against the Cards in the 2nd quarter.

Then on defense, Hafanga their stud safety has been out from a season ending injury last year.

Dre Greenlaw their emotional leader and stud LB is still recovering from his Achilles injury in the playoffs.

Fred Werner their other stud LB has been banged up.

You can keep going too, that's just the most important players on their team.

Oddly enough, the healthiest they've been this season is against us in Week 2.