Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So there's Bad Sam.....
(Yesterday, 01:29 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I agree with Rip, they showed resiliency.

Its pretty unbelievable they are heading into the bye 5/0 - stunning actually.

Better hope they get Jones back after the bye; Chandler + Gaskin DO NOT EQUAL Aaron Jones

Jets have a very good D, especially the corners. I suspect Saleh did some stuff with them that lot of other secondaries could not.

Sam should shoulder some of lackadaisical play, but the WR's were tested by that Jets secondary and were handled pretty, pretty well. 

Coach McCardell is not a happy camper right now.

That would be part of my take as well.  Sauce was getting pretty unhappy with getting called for all his grabbiness tho.  I wonder if the refs were told to let them play so the London experience was better for viewers?

Also, jet lag can be a factor, no one is talking about how garbage Rodgers looked.  Sam was way better than 3 pick A-ron.
[-] The following 2 users Like greediron's post:

(6 hours ago)MaroonBells Wrote: Sam wasn't very good in this one. But IMO the two best corners in the NFL play on the same team. That's going to make for a difficult game for any QB facing the Jets.

Jefferson and Addison weren't getting their typical separation. But I liked how we kept going after them to draw the DPIs. A little surprised we didn't adjust better and throw more to Nailor, Powell and Mundt underneath. I think KOC wanted to stay aggressive and not let the Jets dictate what his offense was going to do. Maybe a little too much though. 

The play call for Mullens fresh off the bench was ballsy.

Some data to support this: 

Sam got popped in the ribs, I'll put up that maybe that had something to do with his poor play overall after that. But he did play poorly. Let's hope its just a short-term thing. He should be feeling good both knee and rib-wise in 2 weeks.

(3 hours ago)greediron Wrote: That would be part of my take as well.  Sauce was getting pretty unhappy with getting called for all his grabbiness tho.  I wonder if the refs were told to let them play so the London experience was better for viewers?

Also, jet lag can be a factor, no one is talking about how garbage Rodgers looked.  Sam was way better than 3 pick A-ron.

There was a lot more holding going on than what was called, I suspect you are right that the refs were just letting it go much of the time.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?