Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So there's Bad Sam.....
...of course it had to be. That's why you draft JJ McCarthy. Sam has been like hot ass the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
[-] The following 3 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(Yesterday, 11:25 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: ...of course it had to be. That's why you draft JJ McCarthy. Sam has been like hot ass the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

After he got grilled in the ribs he’s been trash.

He was bad but Jefferson didn't play well. KOC did not help with the pass pass pass nonsense. They have to adjust without Jones. They needed to change plays when Darnold wasn't reading the field. The OL did not help when Jones was out. It was all on the offense and KOC. The defense and Reichard saved it. We'll see what happens with JJM

Can be a lot of excuses for Darnold today, however there is no excuse for looking like a rookie and only looking for your 1st read on every play and consistently throwing into double and triple coverage, that is all mental, just awful letting the ball fly to a covered JJ and no attempt at all to look for anyone else and he did it all game long, no adjustments. I honestly was worried he was going to mess up the kneel down.

I guess we saw how much Aaron Jones means to the offense. Better back up RB’s are needed. As a change up Chandler is ok, and Gaskin found out that preseason defense is much different than in season defenses.
JJM next year will be “fun”. There is always a learning curve in the NFL and it could take a few minutes to get used to the speed of the game.
I wondered why all the contested deep throws today. Was Darnold confused or worried bout the Jets defense? He seemed to be unsure of himself and not wanting to screw up. Maybe being an ex Jet had more of an effect on him than he was letting on, and KOC didn’t help him out much.

Special teams kind of shit the bed today. Too many penalties and bone headed plays.

In the end the Vikings won, past teams would have crumbled.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riphawkins's post:

(Yesterday, 12:09 PM)JR44 Wrote: Can be a lot of excuses for Darnold today, however there is no excuse for looking like a rookie and only looking for your 1st read on every play and consistently throwing into double and triple coverage, that is all mental, just awful letting the ball fly to a covered JJ and no attempt at all to look for anyone else and he did it all game long, no adjustments.  I honestly was worried he was going to mess up the kneel down.

Not excuses just fact. It was a ripple effect on the offense. Also not adjusting after Darnold got hurt was dumb as hell. That was completely and utterly unacceptable to continue to remain rigid in the game plan. Now they know a bad Darnold game, they can make adjustments earlier. There are going to be bad games, not all games will be good. I'm sure Darnold will be the first to own it. Perfect time for the bye
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vikergirl's post:

I agree with Rip, they showed resiliency.

Its pretty unbelievable they are heading into the bye 5/0 - stunning actually.

Better hope they get Jones back after the bye; Chandler + Gaskin DO NOT EQUAL Aaron Jones

Jets have a very good D, especially the corners. I suspect Saleh did some stuff with them that lot of other secondaries could not.

Sam should shoulder some of lackadaisical play, but the WR's were tested by that Jets secondary and were handled pretty, pretty well. 

Coach McCardell is not a happy camper right now.

I have a feeling Ward is going to get a talking to, he was the unnecessary block in the back on the punt before half that got called back, and then the personal foul roughing the kicker that gave them new life once again. The games hard enough withhout givng them help.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 3 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(Yesterday, 12:00 PM)Vikergirl Wrote: He was bad but Jefferson didn't play well. KOC did not help with the pass pass pass nonsense. They have to adjust without Jones. They needed to change plays when Darnold wasn't reading the field. The OL did not help when Jones was out. It was all on the offense and KOC. The defense and Reichard saved it. We'll see what happens with JJM

They had 30 rushing attempts. They had 66 plays. How much less passing would you like them to do?
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post:

(11 hours ago)IAGRforever Wrote: They had 30 rushing attempts. They had 66 plays. How much less passing would you like them to do?

Agreed. You can’t go to a run game that is getting two yards a carry. So Sam had a bad day.  If he has a bad day and we win I’m fine with that. We’ll get healthy over the next couple weeks and bring back a Pro Bowl TE.  That will just give us more weapons.  The Jets have a good defense and this was totally a possible letdown game today.
[-] The following 4 users Like Waterboy's post: