Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJH to return to practice!
Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell said T.J. Hockenson will travel with the team to London and will practice on Friday, opening the tight end’s 21-day window to return from injured reserve.

“Twenty-one days from Friday gives us the bye week and two games with us playing on Thursday the second week after the bye,” O’Connell said today. “That gives us the flexibility at 20 days to have him ready to go. 

We’ll see where he’s at for the Lions game [Oct. 20] and then we have the flexibility for the following game” against the Rams on Oct. 24.

Hockenson tore the ACL in his right knee against the Lions at U.S. Bank Stadium on Dec. 24. He did not have surgery until Jan. 29 so that damage to his MCL, which did not require repair, could heal. If he plays against the Lions or Rams, he will have made it back to the field in 10 months.

“He’s done a great job; he feels great,” O’Connell said. “But we got to get him acclimated back to football. That’s kind of the plan. It’s going to be great to have him back on the grass with the guys. Looking forward to it.”

Source: StarTribune

Nice!

[Image: emoticon-holding-yes-sign-white-backgrou...319607.jpg]
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

Great news

Short week after the Lions, so probable return against the Rams, I would guess…
[-] The following 2 users Like Kentis's post:

(10-02-2024, 04:00 PM)Kentis Wrote: Short week after the Lions, so probable return against the Rams, I would guess…

We have a bye after London before the Lions game. I think he'll want to suit up for that one.

& then play on a Thursday night game? He probably wants to, but it seems unlikely to me…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(10-02-2024, 04:39 PM)Kentis Wrote: & then play on a Thursday night game? He probably wants to, but it seems unlikely to me…

4 days is too little time. 

I would rather wait till TNF vs Rams if I had to choose...

(10-02-2024, 04:39 PM)Kentis Wrote: & then play on a Thursday night game?  Seems unlikely to me…

You might be right, but if he's ready, he's ready. I just think he'll want to be on the field for the Kerby Joseph pain party hosted by Darrisaw and Brandel.  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

That explains the delay in the ACL repair. The MCL damage, which was not serious enough to require surgery, had to heal BEFORE he could have ACL repair surgery. That a-hole with the Lions trashed two players knees in two consecutive weeks last year, right?
[-] The following 3 users Like Montana Tom's post: