Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta Admit, a Veep Debate Would be Interesting...
IT was civil and policy focused...

If only the top of the tickets could learn a thing or two from their veeps on how to conduct themselves.

(10-02-2024, 11:38 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: IT was civil and policy focused...

If only the top of the tickets could learn a thing or two from their veeps on how to conduct themselves.

pretty sure Trump is to full of himself to learn, and Harris is just plain to stupid to learn.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

I'd like to leave the main carriers out of it altogether, and have someone like Reuters manage the debates. The moderators at the networks aren't trusted/objective, and Faux was fined almost to 10 digits for ongoing outright lies in the "steal" fiction...so, they're out.

The lie needs to die, kids. It's staining EVERYTHING in the obnoxious ranks of the right.

So, have it moderated by someone outside the "sides", so the parties can't blame home field advantage, etc. They still will, but it'll hold less water.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(10-02-2024, 12:09 PM)Zanary Wrote: I'd like to leave the main carriers out of it altogether, and have someone like Reuters manage the debates. The moderators at the networks aren't trusted/objective, and Faux was fined almost to 10 digits for ongoing outright lies in the "steal" fiction...so, they're out.

The lie needs to die, kids. It's staining EVERYTHING in the obnoxious ranks of the right.

So, have it moderated by someone outside the "sides", so the parties can't blame home field advantage, etc. They still will, but it'll hold less water.

if you are so convinced that our elections are on the up and up.... can you explain why the left is so adamantly opposed to election reforms? Voter IDs, hand counted paper ballots, or other things proposed? if they aren't using those cracks to fuck with the election results, then why do the stick their feet in the concrete on these issues when a vast majority of the country, including a majority of democrats support mandatory voter IDs? Voter IDs are not racist or whatever other bull shit the left throws out there, that argument is such crap and anybody with an ounce of common sense could see that.

(10-02-2024, 12:36 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: if you are so convinced that our elections are on the up and up.... can you explain why the left is so adamantly opposed to election reforms? Voter IDs, hand counted paper ballots,  or other things proposed?  if they aren't using those cracks to fuck with the election results,  then why do the stick their feet in the concrete on these issues when a vast majority of the country, including a majority of democrats support mandatory voter IDs?  Voter IDs are not racist or whatever other bull shit the left throws out there, that argument is such crap and anybody with an ounce of common sense could see that.

First of all, I can say that because of the sheer number of investigations from all sides, including the GOP, called it long ago. Are there issues? Yes, in a country of 300 million+ being rotted by two treasonous "main" parties, sure as hell...but, the ENTIRE F**KING CENTRAL LIE OF ORANGE BOI'S ONGOING WHINE-FEST sounds more and more like a spoiled, shrieking, 4 year old girl that didn't get her pony and won't take her nap.

His "presidential" 4th-grade-level name calling is just gross. Yeah, I hack on him (and Biden/Harris, though that'll likely be conveniently forgotten) because I'm not running for office or setting any kind of example for any media; this is digital water cooler talk to me. A presidential candidate calling one adversary brain damaged and the other "Tampon Tim"?

Ask for better, for f**k's sake. Quit enabling this baby-brained humiliation. The same people that claim to revere Reagan shouldn't be on board with grade-school spittle.

I'm in favor of voter IDs, and I'm not a rep for a party I mock, malign, and will never support. Ask them.

However, the way the deep South GOP treats voting districts is infamously racist, it's exposed time and time again, but the only changes that occur are when prosecution looms.

(10-02-2024, 02:16 PM)Zanary Wrote: First of all, I can say that because of the sheer number of investigations from all sides, including the GOP, called it long ago. Are there issues? Yes, in a country of 300 million+ being rotted by two treasonous "main" parties, sure as hell...but, the ENTIRE F**KING CENTRAL LIE OF ORANGE BOI'S ONGOING WHINE-FEST sounds more and more like a spoiled, shrieking, 4 year old girl that didn't get her pony and won't take her nap.

His "presidential" 4th-grade-level name calling is just gross. Yeah, I hack on him (and Biden/Harris, though that'll likely be conveniently forgotten) because I'm not running for office or setting any kind of example for any media; this is digital water cooler talk to me. A presidential candidate calling one adversary brain damaged and the other "Tampon Tim"?

Ask for better, for f**k's sake. Quit enabling this baby-brained humiliation. The same people that claim to revere Reagan shouldn't be on board with grade-school spittle.

I'm in favor of voter IDs, and I'm not a rep for a party I mock, malign, and will never support. Ask them.

However, the way the deep South GOP treats voting districts is infamously racist, it's exposed time and time again, but the only changes that occur are when prosecution looms.

you of all people with your disdain for both parties should see that there isnt really 2 parties, there is one party with opposing distractions, but make no mistake, both parties are run by the same swamp, so is it really a surprise that members of the uniparty ( regardless of the color of their tie or pantsuit) would come out and say the election wasnt rigged?

Trump is lacking in a lot of things, and yes I would love to see better, but as a resident of SD who has a late primary... I dont really have much of a say in the matter so its choose between the 2 I am given and in this case is cut and dry. its hard to argue against that Trumps term ( minus covid which was out of his control) was the best times we have had in the last decade plus as a country.

as far as voter districts, both sides play those games, maybe there needs to be a constitutional amendment to establish the rules to how districts are set and apply that nation wide?

(10-01-2024, 02:40 PM)Zanary Wrote: As for how things are handled, the date of the Afghan handover was decided by his citric stupidity, with a fraction of the conditions that it should have included. Yes, the generals in charge absolutely s**t the bed (with Brandon likely confused, and just nodding), but the situation was defined by orange boi.
You've said this before Z and it simply isn't true.  Trump and the Taliban agreed to a conditional withdrawal of May 1st, 2021 predicated upon the Taliban and Afghan government coming to a peace and operational agreement which never happened.  Once Trump left office, conditions in Afghanistan degraded as the Taliban sensed an opportunity and launched a sustained assault against the Afghan forces.  Biden was faced with two choices...push back on the Taliban and re-assume operational control or retreat.  When faced with that decision Biden turned tail and ran announcing in April 2021 that we wouldn't meet the May 1st deadline and subsequently we would withdraw from Afghanistan completely without condition by Sept 11, 2021.  Here's the text:

From April 14, 2021 (source: Council on Foreign Relations)

President Biden announces that the United States will not meet the deadline set under the U.S.-Taliban agreement to withdraw all troops by May 1 and instead releases a plan for a full withdrawal by September 11, 2021. “It’s time to end America’s longest war,” he says. The remaining 3,500 troops in Afghanistan will be withdrawn regardless of whether progress is made in intra-Afghan peace talks or the Taliban reduce their attacks on Afghan security forces and citizens. NATO troops in Afghanistan will also leave. Biden says Washington will continue to assist Afghan security forces and support the peace process. The Taliban say they will not participate in “any conference” on Afghanistan’s future until all foreign troops leave.

The Afghan cowardice by Biden (and Harris) is an insult to anyone that served or died over there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

(10-02-2024, 03:21 PM)badgervike Wrote: You've said this before Z and it simply isn't true.  Trump and the Taliban agreed to a conditional withdrawal of May 1st, 2021 predicated upon the Taliban and Afghan government coming to a peace and operational agreement which never happened.  Once Trump left office, conditions in Afghanistan degraded as the Taliban sensed an opportunity and launched a sustained assault against the Afghan forces.  Biden was faced with two choices...push back on the Taliban and re-assume operational control or retreat.  When faced with that decision Biden turned tail and ran announcing in April 2021 that we wouldn't meet the May 1st deadline and subsequently we would withdraw from Afghanistan completely without condition by Sept 11, 2021.  Here's the text:

From April 14, 2021 (source:  Council on Foreign Relations)

President Biden announces that the United States will not meet the deadline set under the U.S.-Taliban agreement to withdraw all troops by May 1 and instead releases a plan for a full withdrawal by September 11, 2021. “It’s time to end America’s longest war,” he says. The remaining 3,500 troops in Afghanistan will be withdrawn regardless of whether progress is made in intra-Afghan peace talks or the Taliban reduce their attacks on Afghan security forces and citizens. NATO troops in Afghanistan will also leave. Biden says Washington will continue to assist Afghan security forces and support the peace process. The Taliban say they will not participate in “any conference” on Afghanistan’s future until all foreign troops leave.

The Afghan cowardice by Biden (and Harris) is an insult to anyone that served or died over there.

EXCEPT...and missing from this...that Trump cut the allies out of the negotiations with the Taliban, entering the Doha Agreement while they happily grew their military strength against a soon-to-be-depleted Afghan military that crumbled like an over-baked cookie without us there. Trump's deal was with the same 7th century rejects that were happy to do a "spirit of the deal" agreement, with widespread murder and the usual oppressive pedophilia and misogyny to follow.

Understand, I put most of this on the generals/actual military leaders (who agreed, publicly) because the Afghan Army showed nothing of a real will to defend its people...but, the summaries

OK... this is funny,  I dont care who you are this right here is funny!

[Image: obama-biden-kamala-walz-need-vp-dumber-t...=525&ssl=1]

I dont think Walz is a very good speaker,  or a very good leader,  but I do think he would be a decent enough dude to have a beer with and bull shit over differing opinions.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(10-03-2024, 10:10 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I dont think Walz is a very good speaker,  or a very good leader,  but I do think he would be a decent enough dude to have a beer with and bull shit over differing opinions.

Walz is used to doing zingers and sound bites to a supportive crowd.  Once he was challenged on anything, he didn't really know what to do.  On the other hand, Vance has been battle hardened in doing a whole lot of Q/A and press conferences sometimes to a hostile audience.  It was just another day for him.

Oh...and I think Vance is a whole lot smarter than Walz who once again is all about the folksy sound bites with no substance behind it.
[-] The following 2 users Like badgervike's post: