Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about some praise for the Viking's O-line?
lol....

[Image: GYuoTpkWsAAD3L6?format=jpg&name=small]
[-] The following 8 users Like StickierBuns's post:

The interior OL gets blasted here, but Darnold has had more clean pockets than not this season. And the Giants suck, but their DL does not. SF has a tremendous front 7, same for the Texans, and the Packers front 7 is very good. If they can limit pressure against some of the leagues best defensive fronts, we will be fine.

Did Kenny Clark play yesterday???
[-] The following 3 users Like purplefaithful's post:

Ed Ingram had his best grade of the year yesterday. Bradbury was good as well. Oddly, Brandel had his worst grade. Elite run blocking but he gave up a sack, two pressures and a hurry.

But whatever the grades were, it just seemed like Darnold had a lot of clean pockets. I think the continuity is helping. They're communicating better (especially against blitzes) double teaming better and their run blocking has been fantastic across the board.
[-] The following 7 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Taking four games as a "body of work" and comparing it on average to the last six years, I think Darnold has had a pretty decent run of mostly clean pockets.
I definitely give a grade of "vastly improved" to our OL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(Yesterday, 11:04 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Did Kenny Clark play yesterday???

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
6m
Vikings held Kenny Clark to two pressures as a pass rusher, his fewest vs the Vikings since 2020, per PFF. They got good RB chips and help, and the interior held up well. Packers eventually leaned to the blitz.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

OL has definitely stepped up, especially on a lot of the crucial big down plays, Sam has had some clean pockets and all the time he needs. In addition, Sam has also helped out the OL with his escapability which is one of the big differences this year. I have always felt that the QB has a role in evaluation of the OL, with Mahomes, the Chiefs OL looks much better than it would with an immobile QB. Cousins made it tough on the OL as they needed to be perfect on most every down and I think that often affected the perception of the OL while he was here.
[-] The following 3 users Like JR44's post: