Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MUST WATCH: Jordan Palmer: 'This shouldn't be surprising (Darnold)
This is probably the best explanation and rationale behind what Darnold is doing now that I've ever heard. Ever. Just direct common sense and football insight. And then cue JJ McCarthy doing exactly what he's saying:

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1841105700476334121
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Everything he said is true. What Darnold is doing isn't new. Geno did it when he went to Seattle and took over for Wilson. Baker did it when he left Cleveland and bounced around to a few teams before finding the right team in Tampa. Darnold found his spot in Minnesota.

Sometimes these guys just need a chance to step out of the spotlight, hone their craft under a good coach and organization and then land in the right situation.

Thats a good find, I like listening to Palmer a lot.

Everything he's saying makes perfect sense.

The remaining question on Sam; is 2024 to-date just a hot start? Or will this morph into a great season for him?

Darnold's body of work in this season with the Vikings is growing. The first two games I thought were flukes. The last two have been more like putting a stamp on it.
I'm of the opinion that you can add Darnold's name to the group of resurrected QBs who seemed to flame out early in their career, only to find later success. Yes, like Baker Mayfield and others. Playing QB in the NFL is very cerebral and it takes time for the game to slow down for the very best of them. Add to the fact that most of the high draft picks are selected by the worst teams...odds are stacked against them from the get-go.

(10-01-2024, 10:03 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: Darnold's body of work in this season with the Vikings is growing.  The first two games I thought were flukes.  The last two have been more like putting a stamp on it.
I'm of the opinion that you can add Darnold's name to the group of resurrected QBs who seemed to flame out early in their career, only to find later success.  Yes, like Baker Mayfield and others.  Playing QB in the NFL is very cerebral and it takes time for the game to slow down for the very best of them.  Add to the fact that most of the high draft picks are selected by the worst teams...odds are stacked against them from the get-go.

Sammy is going to still be doubted.....hell, half of me is still waiting for shit bomb to go off with him. I don't blame anyone for feeling that way. But each W and game he stacks, the more I see consistency and ability. Big important drives when the teams needs them. His natural abilities just pop when you watch him, its nuts that KOC targeted him and was able to get him considering what we are seeing now. His speed scrambling always surprises me, he's an athlete. I had gotten used to the dump truck runs from Cousins.

(10-02-2024, 03:54 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Sammy is going to still be doubted.....hell, half of me is still waiting for shit bomb to go off with him. I don't blame anyone for feeling that way. But each W and game he stacks, the more I see consistency and ability. Big important drives when the teams needs them. His natural abilities just pop when you watch him, its nuts that KOC targeted him and was able to get him considering what we are seeing now. His speed scrambling always surprises me, he's an athlete. I had gotten used to the dump truck runs from Cousins.

It's not just Sam playing out of his mind. It's Sam in this offense with a good line, good weapons and a good play caller. Sure, he's going to have bad games, because all QBs have bad games, even Mahomes has bad games. But those who are waiting for some kind reappearance of Bad Sam, I really don't think it's going to happen.