Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Winter is Here (spoiler alert!)
Question- Is Jon alive?  As in human being alive.  OR is he of the undead as well?  Just a different form of undead as compared to the White-walkers?  One kind resurrected by ice, the other (Jon) by fire.  Curiosity will be my downfall one day Smile   

Quote: @AllBS said:
Question- Is Jon alive?  As in human being alive.  OR is he of the undead as well?  Just a different form of undead as compared to the White-walkers?  One kind resurrected by ice, the other (Jon) by fire.  Curiosity will be my downfall one day Smile   
Ive thought the exact, same thing...And if you talk to those deep into the books, the cave drawings are FAR MORE important and telling then it appears they will be in the story being told on TV. 

I've never read the books or talked to anyone who's into them.  I'm blanking on the guys name who's been resurrected like 7 times already (with the Hound currently on the show).  Looks human, acts human, but obviously isn't 100% human.  For some stupid reason I saw his face and it triggered the idea of Jon not being human anymore either.  There's so many twists and turns in this story it's impossible to figure out.  You think you know where a story is going and in one episode it turns 180 degrees from that scenario, and it all makes sense.  lol      

I've never read the books or talked to anyone who's into them.  I'm blanking on the guys name who's been resurrected like 7 times already (with the Hound currently on the show).  Looks human, acts human, but obviously isn't 100% human.  For some stupid reason I saw his face and it triggered the idea of Jon not being human anymore either.  There's so many twists and turns in this story it's impossible to figure out.  You think you know where a story is going and in one episode it turns 180 degrees from that scenario, and it all makes sense.  lol      

Beric Dondarrion is who you are trying to think of...  I think you're right that he isn't 100% "human" in the literal sense after being brought back to life so many times.  The books allude to the fact that every time he is resurrected by Thoros, he loses a little bit more of himself (memories of his past) and some think he doesn't eat or sleep.  It could be very similar to what happened to Benjen Stark north of the wall...
I'm still waiting for Martin to release the Winds of Winter (6th book), but I have a feeling that won't happen until the GoT show is over.  Which is a shame because I think he might lose some book readers if the books and show don't finish around the same time.  I'll still read them... but the people that were inspired to buy his books because they first became a fan of the show may not want to finish reading all the books if they already know how things are going to end...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@AllBS said:

Beric Dondarrion is who you are trying to think of...  I think you're right that he isn't 100% "human" in the literal sense after being brought back to life so many times.  The books allude to the fact that every time he is resurrected by Thoros, he loses a little bit more of himself (memories of his past) and some think he doesn't eat or sleep.  It could be very similar to what happened to Benjen Stark north of the wall...
I'm still waiting for Martin to release the Winds of Winter (6th book), but I have a feeling that won't happen until the GoT show is over.  Which is a shame because I think he might lose some book readers if the books and show don't finish around the same time.  I'll still read them... but the people that were inspired to buy his books because they first became a fan of the show may not want to finish reading all the books if they already know how things are going to end...
Speaking of being resurrected - in the books Neds wife Catelyn Stark is brought back to life three days after the Red Wedding by Beric Dondarrioin. He gives his life for hers through a kiss and he dies. She then takes over the Brotherhood Without Banners and goes on to seek revenge and kill everyone who was involved in the Red Wedding. She is not like she was  - physically looks like a ghoul as well as being less forgiving and not as nice a person. She goes by the name "Stoneheart" after her resurrection.

Actually "Lady Stoneheart"

Seriously!?  That would have been badass to see on screen!  I suppose it would kind of take away from the feeling that the Starks are always the underdogs in the story though.  Some of the storylines with her probably would have been epic though

Seriously!?  That would have been badass to see on screen!  I suppose it would kind of take away from the feeling that the Starks are always the underdogs in the story though.  Some of the storylines with her probably would have been epic though
If your interested in really understanding the show - check this website out. Very helpful in understanding who's who etc. - http://gameofthrones.wikia.com

They will do a rundown of every episode (you can look up ALL the episodes if you have the time) and then compare things going on to what actually happened in the book. Also complete rundowns on all the history, maps - you name it its got it covered.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:

Speaking of being resurrected - in the books Neds wife Catelyn Stark is brought back to life three days after the Red Wedding by Beric Dondarrioin. He gives his life for hers through a kiss and he dies. She then takes over the Brotherhood Without Banners and goes on to seek revenge and kill everyone who was involved in the Red Wedding. She is not like she was  - physically looks like a ghoul as well as being less forgiving and not as nice a person. She goes by the name "Stoneheart" after her resurrection.
Yeah, that part was completely left out of the HBO series...  there is another character that should have been introduced already (in the books), but is completely left out of the show.  Makes me wonder if that character isn't a big plot point (seemed like it "could" be in the books) or if the HBO series is substituting that character's role with another already in the show. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

Yeah, that part was completely left out of the HBO series...  there is another character that should have been introduced already (in the books), but is completely left out of the show.  Makes me wonder if that character isn't a big plot point (seemed like it "could" be in the books) or if the HBO series is substituting that character's role with another already in the show. 

From what I have read - they have had to combine different characters from the book into one character at times, or have a different character kill someone or do something that a character from the book did who has not been used in the series. Just too many characters and plots and events to jam into the show, so the writers pick and chose which ones they do that with - typically consulting George Martin on when this is ok for the sake of the time limitations of the show.