Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time I've watched Love a whole game
He had to knock off some rust
He wasn't 100% physically
He made some bone-head decisions

He may not be Rogers or Favre, but I can see how GB is happy to move forward with him at the helm. 

I hope JJM has as much upside.

Love has a nice deep ball and can sling it down field. I just don't see the down to down consistency or accuracy from him. And his decision making when the game is on the line has been suspect. He's 0-2 on the year and has 5 INTs. Last year he made a horrible INT against SF to end the game, did the same against Philly, and had a bad pick late in the 4th quarter against us.

I think he's developed into a solid starter, but I'm not sold that he's in that ascending tier of young QBs. Darnold outplayed him yesterday and looked like the better QB not just yesterday but since Week 1.

He wasn't good the first half of last year, very good the last half. He wasn't playing particularly well before his knee injury. He got a lot of garbage yardage yesterday, but Flores had him uncomfortable. 3 bad INTs. Airmailed a few inaccurate passes.

(7 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: He wasn't good the first half of last year, very good the last half. He wasn't playing particularly well before his knee injury. He got a lot of garbage yardage yesterday, but Flores had him uncomfortable. 3 bad INTs. Airmailed a few inaccurate passes.

How much of that is the Aaron Jones factor?  Love looked bad the first half last year when Jones was not playing. He looked great when Jones came back. And now he has some flashes, but he is really just an average starter. Not bad, but also, nowhere near great.

I think anyone who throws for 389 yards and 4 TD's on our defense is definitely above average, especially with somewhat limited mobility. He deserves some more credit. I agree with most of what is being said here, but yeah, I think he was a tad rusty and hit his stride for sure in the second half against us. He is someone to still be respected IMO.