Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ye ol addage... you dont lose your starting spot to injury
so Grugier Hill.... the dude is really flashing out there and doesnt seem to be missing plays,  the D certainly doesnt seem to have fallen off without Pace,  so what happens when Pace is healthy again?  once again a good problem to have.

Thats a good question....I think they pivot back to IPJ when he's ready, and thank the front office for depth in a long season.

(7 hours ago)JimmyinSD Wrote: so Grugier Hill.... the dude is really flashing out there and doesnt seem to be missing plays,  the D certainly doesnt seem to have fallen off without Pace,  so what happens when Pace is healthy again?  once again a good problem to have.

I think that rule applies mostly to positions that start the whole game, like QB or OL.  I think for something like ILB, you would just ease Pace back in, keep everyone fresh, and let the guy who’s performing best get most of the snaps.

Pace is MUCH better against the run than Grugier Hill. But I do think you will see Grugier Hill getting more reps than he was before, which will help a smaller guy like Pace stay fresh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I think they're two totally different LBs. Seems to me KGH is a bigger, take on LB, whereas Pace is a run around penetrator who will get you a lot more TFLs. What's been surprising to me is how good KGH has been in coverage. He's better than Pace there. Still, I think when Pace comes back he's the starter. Nice to have this kind of depth though. I mean who ever heard of this guy before we brought him in? I hadn't.

If nothing else, he becomes another situational weapon for B-Flo to deploy…! A ball hawk w/ fresh legs in passing situations, hell ya!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(3 hours ago)MaroonBells Wrote: I think they're two totally different LBs. Seems to me KGH is a bigger, take on LB, whereas Pace is a run around penetrator who will get you a lot more TFLs. What's been surprising to me is how good KGH has been in coverage. He's better than Pace there. Still, I think when Pace comes back he's the starter. Nice to have this kind of depth though. I mean who ever heard of this guy before we brought him in? I hadn't.

Lots of clips of Pace taking on NFL OL and putting them on the ground.  He's short for a LB, but he's a dude. Strong and has a nose for the football.

I do agree though that KGH is better in pass coverage.  That's one area Pace could improve, but he's so good at blitzing and playing the run, he's got that spot on lock. 

I was worried when we basically just had Cashman and Pace at ILB and Asamoah (hasn't shown much) and this new dude with the crazy name.  Turns out he's a player.

BOOM
[-] The following 4 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post: