Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I agree
The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
Regarding the future of QB Sam Darnold, "the @Vikings still think the world of J.J. McCarthy. To me nothing has changed when looking at 2025", per @DWolfsonKSTP via @SKORNorth
Wolfson continues, "baring [a Super Bowl win], I still think this is J.J. McCarthy's team in 2025".
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I also agree

I concur. I’ll hang a purple Darnold jersey in my basement of fame if we have a special season but I’d still hand over the keys in 2025.

I think it's premature to say that.
I understand that JJM's meniscus surgery was not a major reconstruction, but before I annoint him as the second coming of Tom Brady, I want to hear/see how he is moving and adapting. When I hear the words out of KOC's mouth that this is JJM's team, then I'll believe it.
In the meantime, I'm becoming a big fan of Sammy and hope he gets paid $50mm/year+ for the next few years...by someone. I like the humility he is showing in his answers to the media. He knows this is his big chance and he knows why and how it is different from his previous three stops. I'm rooting for him right now.
[-] The following 8 users Like Montana Tom's post:

Taking Darnold out of the equation for a moment...

I know the coaches have seen a lot more than I have, but...JJM has played 2 quarters of pre-season game 1. That's it.

They're just going to turn over the keys come OTA's?

I'm trying to figure out if I would feel differently if he didnt get hurt, and the answer is probably not. Its been a while since we've had to start a rook at qb, maybe that is part of my pause.

Putting Darnold back in the equation: 

I think the chances are astronomically high Darnold will sign elsewhere for more $. 

then the question is would I want JJM starting? Or, whomever is behind door #2 in 25? 

That may make me pivot to JJM quickly. Especially if behind door #2 is spelled Mullens.

(Yesterday, 12:53 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
Regarding the future of QB Sam Darnold, "the @Vikings still think the world of J.J. McCarthy. To me nothing has changed when looking at 2025", per @DWolfsonKSTP via @SKORNorth
Wolfson continues, "baring [a Super Bowl win], I still think this is J.J. McCarthy's team in 2025".

I disagree. If Darnold gets us to the Superbowl he will be a hero period and most likely gets the starting job in 2025.

(Yesterday, 06:12 PM)FLVike Wrote: I disagree. If Darnold gets us to the Superbowl he will be a hero period and most likely gets the starting job in 2025.

I think that would be the only scenario...Too early for me to know if we're that good yet.

S.Bowl or (god forbid) JJM has some physical set-back would be the only scenarios I could see Sam here beyond this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(Yesterday, 06:12 PM)FLVike Wrote: I disagree. If Darnold gets us to the Superbowl he will be a hero period and most likely gets the starting job in 2025.

Meh, I love me some GEQBUS. I think the team is playing as well as you could ask and has the chance to be special. Even if he won the Superbowl for the Vikings I’m still moving on to JJM next season. I’m that confident that JJM can run this offense as effectively as The Darnold. 

So I’ll take the cap savings and get our franchise QB on the field in 2025.

(Yesterday, 08:30 PM)AGRforever Wrote: Meh, I love me some GEQBUS. I think the team is playing as well as you could ask and has the chance to be special. Even if he won the Superbowl for the Vikings I’m still moving on to JJM next season. I’m that confident that JJM can run this offense as effectively as The Darnold. 

So I’ll take the cap savings and get our franchise QB on the field in 2025.

Well, to be honest,  it won't matter to me, I don't have another 50 years to invest.

(Yesterday, 01:29 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: I think it's premature to say that. 
I understand that JJM's meniscus surgery was not a major reconstruction, but before I annoint him as the second coming of Tom Brady, I want to hear/see how he is moving and adapting.  When I hear the words out of KOC's mouth that this is JJM's team, then I'll believe it.
In the meantime, I'm becoming a big fan of Sammy and hope he gets paid $50mm/year+ for the next few years...by someone.  I like the humility he is showing in his answers to the media.  He knows this is his big chance and he knows why and how it is different from his previous three stops.  I'm rooting for him right now.

I agree. It's just too early to say anything about the QB position. I do think that if Sam continues on his current path, by December or January there will have to be a conversation about possibly extending him. Whether it actually happens or not is hard to say. Because as I've said before there are many factors to consider.