Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots buy their own planes
[Image: eud8y1gm7r23.jpg]
While various other NFL teams have found themselves at the mercy of airlines that have either jacked up the prices or yanked service altogether, the Patriots have taken matters into their own hands by buying their own planes. With an “S”.
Via ESPN.com, the Patriots have purchased a pair of Boeing 767 wide-body jets, revising them to include first-class seating only and a distinctive paint job that features team colors and logos and five Lombardi trophies on the tail. (Hopefully they’ve left room for more.) The Patriots become the first NFL teams to own their own aircraft for traveling to and from games.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...wn-planes/

Any more advantages these guys can think of... fuckers!  Wink 

They are a hard act to top.

Big, big expense to take on...These owners are swimming in $

They'll be back to flying economy in 5 yrs. when Bellichick and Brady ride off into the sunset, and they are once again looking like last year's Rams.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Big, big expense to take on...These owners are swimming in $
This. Most of the time, leasing/pay-as-you go is overwhelmingly the best option for flying charter. There's a reason no other teams have done it, its a massive capital expense. But when you've been as successful as the Patriots in the Tom Brady era, this is a real option for a team swimming in revenue. 

Two words....Write off

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Two words....Write off

That was what I was thinking as well when I read that. That is a massive write off for Kraft and he knew what he was doing when he got the two planes.
Not sure how good they are going to be come post Brady, but I am sure the Patriots and Kraft will have fun with it for a while

Quote: @Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Two words....Write off

That was what I was thinking as well when I read that. That is a massive write off for Kraft and he knew what he was doing when he got the two planes.
Not sure how good they are going to be come post Brady, but I am sure the Patriots and Kraft will have fun with it for a while
The most that can be written off annually for business owned aircraft is $250,000 max. And that is depreciation. Its an incredibly expensive capital expense regardless and its why no other owners have done it. The Patriots are a strong NFL brand and there's more to it for the Krafts.  I'm not sure you understand how expensive these aircraft are.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Two words....Write off

The most that can be written off annually for business owned aircraft is $250,000 max. And that is depreciation. Its an incredibly expensive capital expense regardless and its why no other owners have done it. The Patriots are a strong NFL brand and there's more to it for the Krafts.  I'm not sure you understand how expensive these aircraft are.
Can't you write off the fuel and things of that nature as well?