Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The obvious QB comparisons
After 6 seasons of Kirko Chainz, we're three games into a new season, new teams and new personnel.

Darnold wasn't even a glimmer of a thought 12 months ago.  Now we're 3-0 behind him.
And the Falcons?  Well, are you really surprised that they're 1-2?

I liked Cousins last year, don't get me wrong.  And for his family, I'm very happy that they are financially secure well into the next century.

But now that the evolving work of KOC and Kwesi and BFlo is starting to show its face, I think these guys (as well as the ownership for finding Kwesi & KOC, and then supporting their supporting coaches cast).  

This is what having faith in your decisions over time looks like.

to be fair, Kirk threw a great pass on 3rd down into the endzone and there was blatant PI that would have put the falcons 1st and goal on the KC 1 yard line. The TV announceers pointed it out and played the replay several times
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
[-] The following 2 users Like rf54's post:

Kirko looks great out there and I expect him to get better as the year goes along.

I will say this though - he is not great off-script, he isnt always his best under pressure and he aint mobile.

Those are things that a great arm and accuracy cant always overcome.

It'll be one hella game when we play em.

I am glad we are done with Cousins. I liked him well enough while he was here but never quite felt he was worth all the money he was making. But, whatever, he's in Atlanta now and I hope he loses just like I hope every NFC challenger loses.

I root for anyone wearing our purple and I'm glad we got Darnold. I really don't miss Cousins not seeing the blitz and crumbling in the pocket 9 times a game.

Kirk also did well against the Eagles with a game winning drive. The dumb decision to have him in shotgun and pistol the first game made no sense. But now we have moved on and don't have to pay Cousins. Darnold is playing smart football and it's great to see. He had to deal with Adam Gase so that was not helpful. He has learned a lot and now he is surrounded by great coaching and talent. It's cool to see him doing well

Kirk is going to get eaten alive by our defense when we play them.