Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting NFL Network interview with H. Phillips
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1836727264194576775

“We have a lot of very disciplined, unselfish players.”
@horribleharry99
discusses what’s working for this @Vikings team so far this season. ⬇️
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Harrison mentioned they have a lot of guys who feel like they've been overlooked and have a chip on their shoulder. Dawg mentality.

It's true if you look at the veteran leaders on this team... Harrison Phillips was a late round pick, Jonathan Greenard was a 3rd rounder, Van Ginkel was a 5th rounder, Aaron Jones 5th rounder, Ivan "Y'all done f@#$d up" Pace was undrafted, etc.

This feels like it could be a fun season...
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

(11 hours ago)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Harrison mentioned they have a lot of guys who feel like they've been overlooked and have a chip on their shoulder.  Dawg mentality.

It's true if you look at the veteran leaders on this team...  Harrison Phillips was a late round pick, Jonathan Greenard was a 3rd rounder, Van Ginkel was a 5th rounder, Aaron Jones 5th rounder, Ivan "Y'all done f@#$d up" Pace was undrafted, etc.

None of those guys (and I'd add Cashman too) were hotly pursued in free agency either, nor did they get massive contracts.

(11 hours ago)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Harrison mentioned they have a lot of guys who feel like they've been overlooked and have a chip on their shoulder.  Dawg mentality.

It's true if you look at the veteran leaders on this team...  Harrison Phillips was a late round pick, Jonathan Greenard was a 3rd rounder, Van Ginkel was a 5th rounder, Aaron Jones 5th rounder, Ivan "Y'all done f@#$d up" Pace was undrafted, etc.

Thats always been my hope re:2024

3 big games b4 the bye week - I'll hopefully have a better handle on this team by then as a fan. 

2-0 start certainly raises some expectations. Minimally, they got my attention.

Culture is so often overlooked. I think in this third year of the new regime, KOC and Kwesi have balanced top skill players with talented guys who just want a chance. Maybe they weren't drafted very high (good examples given). Maybe they've been journeymen elsewhere (Jihad Ward). Given the opportunity to gel with no visible prima donnas, is important. Critically important is the attitude of both JJetta and Darnold. Darnold is extraordinarily humble from what I've seen. Has become a quiet leader, maybe he's more vocal on the field, but in front of the media, he comes across with humility, saying all the right things. I listened to an interview before the start of the Niner's game, and he was asked about how he was preparing for the game. His response of quiet reflection, saying some prayers, was a refreshing alternative to some of the hot dawg prima donnas that the NFL has spawned over the years.

I'll add one word to the characterization that Harrison Phillips gave in his "dawg mentality" interview: humility.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

Very nice interview. Thanks Sticky
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post: