Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your alert settings
In your User Panel you can get to your Alert settings where you can toggle which items you want to be alerted on. Like when someone replies to your post, or quotes you, or mentions you.
Is this thing on?
[-] The following 3 users Like Mike Olson's post:

(09-09-2024, 09:21 PM)Mike Olson Wrote: In your User Panel you can get to your Alert settings where you can toggle which items you want to be alerted on. Like when someone replies to your post, or quotes you, or mentions you.

Thanks Mike!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

ALso in case nobody has noticed,  if you have been quoted or somebody has "liked" one of your posts,  you will have an alert,  and you will know this by:

Home  Portal  Search  Members  Calendar  Latest Threads  Threads from Today  Help  Shoutbox  Alerts (0)   <---  will look like ALERTS and list the number,  you can then go to your user profile and view your alerts.

( @Mike Olson   Mike,  I assume there is supposed to be a redirect when you click on alerts that will take you to them,  it doesnt appear to be working though.)

(09-11-2024, 02:38 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: ALso in case nobody has noticed,  if you have been quoted or somebody has "liked" one of your posts,  you will have an alert,  and you will know this by:

Home  Portal  Search  Members  Calendar  Latest Threads  Threads from Today  Help  Shoutbox  Alerts (0)   <---  will look like ALERTS and list the number,  you can then go to your user profile and view your alerts.

( @Mike Olson   Mike,  I assume there is supposed to be a redirect when you click on alerts that will take you to them,  it doesnt appear to be working though.)

Hmmm yeah not aure about the redirect. It may be a while before I can look into it.

For those of you that don’t know, a few years ago I took a job as a school bus driver during the pandemic because I wasn’t working and kids needed to get to school. Upon arriving at the company doing the bus driving it became apparent that they had no systems in place to run their business on. They were literally doing it on pen and paper and post it notes.

So for way way way not even close to enough money I have been writing a software suite to run their business on and that takes up a lot of my time especially this time of year. It is also why I haven’t been around so much the last year or two. As mentioned I get paid like 1/10th of what I should but I love the hell out of driving a school bus and writing software. So if you see me disappear here and there that is why.
Is this thing on?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike Olson's post:

(09-15-2024, 11:06 AM)Mike Olson Wrote: Hmmm yeah not aure about the redirect. It may be a while before I can look into it.

For those of you that don’t know, a few years ago I took a job as a school bus driver during the pandemic because I wasn’t working and kids needed to get to school. Upon arriving at the company doing the bus driving it became apparent that they had no systems in place to run their business on. They were literally doing it on pen and paper and post it notes.

So for way way way not even close to enough money I have been writing a software suite to run their business on and that takes up a lot of my time especially this time of year. It is also why I haven’t been around so much the last year or two. As mentioned I get paid like 1/10th of what I should but I love the hell out of driving a school bus and writing software. So if you see me disappear here and there that is why.

Cool, Mike. Appreciate any time you spend on the site and I'm sure everyone here agrees.