Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a new Sam Darnold
The new Sam Darnold

I don't want to jinx anything, but he appears not to be a mirage.  Just a good athlete who has been humbled by being in a bad situation on multiple teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

I gotta see a lot more of him b4 I'm a buyer.

But I am rooting for the guy to succeed.
[-] The following 3 users Like purplefaithful's post:

I think the perfect strike for the 97 yard TD and then the mind boggling throw for the pick to take away a score is what Sam is. He has the ability to make all the throws and then on the next play he can be completely erratic. I don't see that changing. I think KOC has to tailor the offense to his strengths and try to keep him from high risk situations.
[-] The following 4 users Like JR44's post:

(09-16-2024, 03:56 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I gotta see a lot more of him b4 I'm a buyer.

But I am rooting for the guy to succeed.

Yep, as I've mentioned: I bought the ticket to the Darnold Hype Train, but haven't stepped on the platform yet. He makes a few silly decisions each game still. But he's playing better in 2 games than I thought he would. And his easy arm strength: I didn't know to that level how nice his arm is.

The probability of seeing the old Darnold will increase when they are behind a couple of scores and short on time. KO won't be able to run the ball and it will all be on Darnold's arm. How he reacts to adversity will define him this season.
If he can keep calm and continue his one play at a time philosophy, then we may see a new Darnold. He has the tools to be pretty good if he can just stay in the moment.

Consider me shocked. I'm not willing to jump both feet in yet, but I might have a toe in the water. Honestly though, I'd have put our chances as being 2-0 at this point at about 10%. That throw to Jefferson was literally like dropping a football into a 5 gallon bucket from 50 yards, though I don't think anyone downplayed his arm talent. It's all about what's between the ears with this guy.

The thing I'm most excited about is our coaching staff. If KOC can actually coax a decent season out of a QB that has shown nothing in 6 years with only one off-season together....can you fucking imagine what he's gonna do with JJ McCarthy?
[-] The following 5 users Like CFIAvike's post:

(09-17-2024, 02:37 PM)CFIAvike Wrote: The thing I'm most excited about is our coaching staff.  If KOC can actually coax a decent season out of a QB that has shown nothing in 6 years with only one off-season together....can you fucking imagine what he's gonna do with JJ McCarthy?

[Image: breaking-bad-walter-white.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Kurt Warner
@kurt13warner
·
15h
A long way to go in season but fun to watch #SamDarnold play at this level & to hear coach O’Connell talk of the confidence he has in him! Always amazing to me what being somewhere you’re WANTED surrounded by people who BELIEVE in you can do for a person’s CONFIDENCE!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

He's going to have bad days. They all do, even Josh Allen, even Mahomes. But unlike those guys, the question for Darnold will be how does he respond the next week? Fans and media will talk about the return of Bad Darnold and that's when the real test comes IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(09-17-2024, 09:37 AM)hogjowlsjohnny Wrote: The probability of seeing the old Darnold will increase when they are behind a couple of scores and short on time. KO won't be able to run the ball and it will all be on Darnold's arm. How he reacts to adversity will define him this season.
If he can keep calm and continue his one play at a time philosophy, then we may see a new Darnold. He has the tools to be pretty good if he can just stay in the moment.

Thats a good take. 

I'm not worried about Darnold's arm at crunch time, its whats between his ears that has me holding my breath still. Lots of demons and ghosts to exorcise.

Guy is auditioning right now for a job in Vegas, Big Easy, maybe NY? I'm rooting for him.