Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears @ Texans: Caleb is "generous"...
...specifically, in throwing picks and pickable balls to the opponents. I know he's a rookie, and he's showing it tonight. I'll be shocked if "da Bears" aren't the division's cellar team again, this year.

Stroud...is better, but not terribly accurate. Houston is young and aggressive, but more aggressive than impressive. If KOC keeps improving his gameday coaching, we stand a strong shot at being 3-0 after next weekend.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

Caleb has the early earmarks of making a hero play and then making 2 stupid turnovers behind that. Its in his DNA. Stroud looked subpar yesterday.

Early yet, but......

https://twitter.com/i/status/1835518166329376840
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I didnt watch all the game, but I wanted to see Caleb and get more acclimated to the Texans.

I was impressed with the Bears D - they're young and they got some really nice players this draft too.

I knew he'd struggle with turnovers; he always has. But I also thought he'd even that out with some game-winning big plays. He hasn't really done that yet. It won't be long before fans and media start wondering if he's yet another Bears QB bust. And when that happens, his confidence could crater. Sure, the experience can be good, but it comes with a downside that teams don't factor in enough IMO. 

But hey, Sean Payton sure showed us....

Bo Nix is 11-of-36 for 212 and 4 picks on passes more than five (!) yards downfield. His 30.6% completion rate on such passes is the lowest in the league by six percent AND the worst figure in Weeks 1 and 2 in the last 10 years.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Hands full of dirt...

(09-16-2024, 09:38 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I knew he'd struggle with turnovers; he always has. But I also thought he'd even that out with some game-winning big plays. He hasn't really done that yet. It won't be long before fans and media start wondering if he's yet another Bears QB bust. And when that happens, his confidence could crater. Sure, the experience can be good, but it comes with a downside that teams don't factor in enough IMO. 

Bo Nix is 11-of-36 for 212 and 4 picks on passes more than five (!) yards downfield. His 30.6% completion rate on such passes is the lowest in the league by six percent AND the worst figure in Weeks 1 and 2 in the last 10 years.

Fucking Sean Payton. He's got a guy that has a low ceiling, mid-arm and lots of smoke blown up his ass. Nix is what he is. He's not Drew Brees, and that's the snake oil Payton has sold the Broncos organization.

I feel bad for Nix, but F*** Sean Payton.
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheWinterSKOLdier's post:

(09-16-2024, 09:38 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I knew he'd struggle with turnovers; he always has. But I also thought he'd even that out with some game-winning big plays. He hasn't really done that yet. It won't be long before fans and media start wondering if he's yet another Bears QB bust. And when that happens, his confidence could crater. Sure, the experience can be good, but it comes with a downside that teams don't factor in enough IMO. 

Repeat after me:  "I was wrong about Nix.  I was wrong about Nix.  I was wrong about Nix"

The Bears OL is not that good. Caleb is making hero plays and bone headed plays. He is all over the place. I think the left side of the line is worse. He took some shots. It was definitely a welcome to the NFL game

(09-16-2024, 12:25 PM)Vikergirl Wrote: The Bears OL is not that good. Caleb is making hero plays and bone headed plays. He is all over the place. I think the left side of the line is worse. He took some shots. It was definitely a welcome to the NFL game

Caleb also runs himself into trouble on many occasions which ends up making his OL look worse than they are. He will hold the ball in the face of pressure when he should by hitting his check down or hot routes. His athletic advantage isnt what it was in college, he wont be able to scramble around until the coverage gets tired or falls down and make a pull it out his ass type plays.