Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT (kinda) - Mike and Jimmy... it's being put to good use
Overnight smoke on a 10lb pork butt.  Buddy pulled it off after I went to work and says it's amazing...

[Image: jcxgelxs9iva.jpg][Image: jxy2hj80rn7h.jpg]

Thank you again, you guys rock!

Looks about perfect, Loch!  Bet it wasn't hard to find friends to come over check on that thing either. B)

dont thank me.... that was all Mikes doing.   I wanted to get you a new van,  but Mike said you would appreciate this more.  Smile

Lookin good Al! Enjoy the food and thanks for the pork pron. 

While I love the UDS for staying fairly stable on temps overnight I do employ one of these:

https://www.bbqguru.com/storenav?CategoryId=1&ProductId=34

[Image: PartyQ1-500x500_130914034559900263.jpg]

Wow I may have to pick one of those up. I went overnight instead of at work so I could check it if needed. I'm kinda hooked... need to buy coal by the pallet now...

I know all about it. I think I am going to do a whole bunch of ribs this weekend. Or whatever meat product costco has on sale. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I know all about it. I think I am going to do a whole bunch of ribs this weekend. Or whatever meat product costco has on sale. 

Costco = win.  I'm gonna end up having meat sweats the rest of the year...

Do you hang your ribs or lay them as slab? Seen folks do it both ways with the UDS stuff I've read.

If I do two racks I lay them flat. any more than that and I use rib racks. 

[Image: 6406-base-4.jpeg?v=1392644848]

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
While I love the UDS for staying fairly stable on temps overnight I do employ one of these:

https://www.bbqguru.com/storenav?CategoryId=1&ProductId=34

[Image: PartyQ1-500x500_130914034559900263.jpg]
what is the temp range on that thing?