Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudy: Vikings to upset 49ers
I don't think he did either.

CMC has been ruled out, but I think they'll be just fine with Deebo taking some snaps at rb and with their other guys running the ball.

What a dick. I read the hed and dek and thought, oh good, we're going to hear an honest, objective take on Darnold by the man who's been studying him all week...the pluses...the minuses.

Sorensen does nothing but praise Darnold. Unsatisfied, the writer inserts his own agenda.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-...j7nxvbzz56

(09-13-2024, 05:36 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: What a dick. I read the hed and dek and thought, oh good, we're going to hear an honest, objective take on Darnold by the man who's been studying him all week...the pluses...the minuses.

Sorensen does nothing but praise Darnold. Unsatisfied, the writer inserts his own agenda.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-...j7nxvbzz56

The writer is from Santa Clara and has been covering the 49ers for awhile, so he's biased. And SI.com loves these homer like fan takes to get the shit stirred. He has another article out there slamming Darnold earlier. Here's another one you'll like from him:

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/how-th...j7nw091r78

(09-13-2024, 01:40 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Not surprised. Darnold has a lot of people in the sports media rooting for him, I think Sam is a good dude and the hype this week has been strong. If CMC is ruled out for San Fran, I can see it getting to 4.5.

Just saw it at 4.5 with about half the Vegas betting sites this morning.

I'm taking the 49'ers -4.5

It was a great opener for sure but the Giants might be the worst team in football, just saying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes minny65's post:

(09-13-2024, 02:51 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Not sure why the sports media is all of a sudden jumping on the Vikings bandwagon for an upset this week.

It feels like an overreaction to them all thinking we're going to be bad and now all of a sudden we're good enough to knock off one of the top teams in the NFC?

I'm not expecting a win this week.  I liked what I saw out of Darnold and said before the season started, we'll be better than Vegas's prediction because KOC would get the most out of Darnold and our defense would be much better with the guys we added and our core group being in Year 2 of Flores school of defense.

I think we can be competitive and maybe we get the proverbial lucky bounces, but I'm predicting a loss. 49ers are a good football team.

Well...  I was right that the Vikings are better than the sports media thought they'd be prior to the start of the season.

But...  I was really wrong on how I thought this game would go.  Statement win by the Vikings against the reigning Super Bowl representatives in the NFC.

Without those two turnovers deep in 49ers territory, this would have been a blowout.

This has the feelings of a fun season! 

BOOM
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(09-15-2024, 03:53 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Well...  I was right that the Vikings are better than the sports media thought they'd be prior to the start of the season.

But...  I was really wrong on how I thought this game would go.  Statement win by the Vikings against the reigning Super Bowl representatives in the NFC.

Without those two turnovers deep in 49ers territory, this would have been a blowout.

This has the feelings of a fun season! 

BOOM

Vikings are almost always better than their fans and the sports media thinks.

Its a legit win. What a f-ing game.

I agree Sticky, legit win...

Fingers crossed Turner is going to be ok.

We really need Addison and TJH back too.