Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudy: Vikings to upset 49ers
I predicted the Vikings would win last year, too. It was the only game I actually put money on all season, and I won a nice little chunk'a'change. I'm not as confident this year. They're wrong about CMC tho. He did play last year. 

Yah, after seeing em vs Jets, I'm not as confident playing em this year.

For us? I think we're better on D vs y.ago and better at running-back. '

But we have Darnold now, no Addison/TJH and I'm not sure our WR 3 and 4 can pick-up a lot of the slack?

I havent put down any $ on this one yet. Tempted to take SF and give the 5.5 pts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I'm just not that confident.
What I saw against the Jets was a thorough man-handling by the 49ers.
We may be better than the Jets, but Sunday will be a huge test of who we really are.
Honestly, I just don't know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

The Jets aren't that good. They won't make the playoffs this year. The Vikings are better than a lot of people think. If the Vikings can stop the run, they'll beat SF again.
It's a new season. They are on a short week. The Vikings need to be aggressive and attack the ball. Wear them out so they are tired in the 4th quarter. Force some turnovers. I think Flores will be able to rattle Purdy and limit their offense.
That would be enough to win it. It's on the defense and I think they can do it.
I respect SF but don't fear them. I cede this game to no one. I'll take the Vikings to win!
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

Each year is unto itself, past performance does not guarantee future results. We know how good the 49ers are, we don't know yet what we have with the 2024 version of the Vikings. Tough sledding for Minnesota methinks.

The Jets defense could not tackle to save a life, it was absolutely ridiculous. Their offense needs work too. The Vikings have more speed on defense this year which helps. I feel better about the running backs. Missing Hock and Addison is huge. They need to go hurry up. Our IOL is still an issue. Quick plays and decision making will be key

spread is down to 5 points....

(09-13-2024, 01:37 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: spread is down to 5 points....

Not surprised. Darnold has a lot of people in the sports media rooting for him, I think Sam is a good dude and the hype this week has been strong. If CMC is ruled out for San Fran, I can see it getting to 4.5.

Not sure why the sports media is all of a sudden jumping on the Vikings bandwagon for an upset this week.

It feels like an overreaction to them all thinking we're going to be bad and now all of a sudden we're good enough to knock off one of the top teams in the NFC?

I'm not expecting a win this week. I liked what I saw out of Darnold and said before the season started, we'll be better than Vegas's prediction because KOC would get the most out of Darnold and our defense would be much better with the guys we added and our core group being in Year 2 of Flores school of defense.

I think we can be competitive and maybe we get the proverbial lucky bounces, but I'm predicting a loss. 49ers are a good football team.

(09-12-2024, 02:05 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I predicted the Vikings would win last year, too. It was the only game I actually put money on all season, and I won a nice little chunk'a'change. I'm not as confident this year. They're wrong about CMC tho. He did play last year. 

I don’t think Deebo played last year.