Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua
The best way I can see things going for him is to retire from playing, get into broadcasting at some level, but also become an NFL spokesperson toward awareness/preventing CTE. If a young guy in his prime shows that he had to make that choice, and that the world didn't end, maybe it saves someone else from a post-football suicide down the line.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

I agree with Tua sliding in that situation but there was no helmet to helmet contact. For him to get a serious concussion from that hit which I believe any other player walks away with zero effects tells me he is way too susceptible to getting concussions. Time to hang up his cleats for his own well being

The thing is it doesn't need to be a massive hit with him at this point. He still doesn't slide to protect himself. The response from his body is worse each time. It's in his best interest not to play anymore at this point

Photo 
There were rumors about at least one more concussion during his College days where the protocols aren't as defined.  Tua's seem to be increasingly severe.  I agree it's time to look at hanging it up and living a good life.  At bare minimum, start wearing a Guardian cap.  I know ex-Badger Jonathan Taylor wore one in preseason but didn't get enough reps to evaluate whether it affected his performance.

[Image: 74760612007-110824-colts-ct-005.JPG?crop...50,x357,y0]

(09-13-2024, 12:07 PM)badgervike Wrote: There were rumors about at least one more concussion during his College days where the protocols aren't as defined.  Tua's seem to be increasingly severe.  I agree it's time to look at hanging it up and living a good life.  At bare minimum, start wearing a Guardian cap.  I know ex-Badger Jonathan Taylor wore one in preseason but didn't get enough reps to evaluate whether it affected his performance.

[Image: 74760612007-110824-colts-ct-005.JPG?crop...50,x357,y0]

I suspect that Tua is past the point where this should even be considered. The NFL should work out a injury settlement with a waiver and get him off the field forever, if he doesnt want to go along with it, then he has to sign a waiver before putting him back out there, they do things all the time to protect their brand, well watching a star contorted on the field, year after year after year, doesnt paint a very rosy picture.

(09-13-2024, 01:32 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I suspect that Tua is past the point where this should even be considered.  The NFL should work out a injury settlement with a waiver and get him off the field forever,  if he doesnt want to go along with it,  then he has to sign a waiver before putting him back out there,  they do things all the time to protect their brand,  well watching a star contorted on the field,  year after year after year,  doesnt paint a very rosy picture.

Yep, the Guardian cap isn't going to do shit for him now. He's past that helping him. Some people in his family need to have a long talk with him and get him out of football. He's already done damage, don't make it worse. He'll have some time to come to grips with it.

I guess the first one doesn't count? or the one in college?

- Week 3 2022 doesn't count? hit his head on the back of the turf - was "cleared" and played 2nd half.

- Week 4 2022 - Leaves Thursday night game and returns week 7

- Week 16 2022 - Played entire game, placed on concussion protocol, missed playoffs

- Week 2 2024 - Left game against Bills

On TWO of these you could see fencing /finger rigidity

132m guaranteed ? Just walk away.

(09-13-2024, 11:50 AM)Chuckf Wrote: I agree with Tua sliding in that situation but there was no helmet to helmet contact.  For him to get a serious concussion from that hit which I believe any other player walks away with zero effects tells me he is way too susceptible to getting concussions.  Time to hang up his cleats for his own well being

I wonder if it was from the hit or if it was from his head hitting the turf afterwards, as one of his previous concussions was from his head hitting the turf.  Either way, agree, the way his body reacts on his various concussions, he does seems to have a propensity to them and it does seem like it may be best for him to walk away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

Tua needs to walk away, hopefully those around him are counseling him to do so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1VikesFan's post:

I look at it as if he were my son what would I do? I would beg him to take the money and run. There is life after football but not much of one if you are punch drunk or worse!