Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua
He's a hard one to peg. Can be inconsistent, has an injury history. Yet can play extremely well. Rough night last night, 3 INTs including a pick 6. Out with a concussion, his 3rd documented one. Might be out awhile. I think he has to at least consider what this might mean for him moving forward and think of retirement. He considered it after the 2022 season. Feel for the guy, he's just 26. Read a story this morning on CBS Sports and the doctor said he should SERIOUSLY consider not playing any more.

Might be another team that drafts a QB early next Spring.

Not sure how the Dolphins took Tua, who was consistently hurt in college and coming off a major injury and who is on the small side with an average at best arm over Herbert. You would think a franchise who had one of the all time greats in Marino, would have gone for the big QB with the cannon.

(09-13-2024, 07:54 AM)JR44 Wrote: Not sure how the Dolphins took Tua, who was consistently hurt in college and coming off a major injury and who is on the small side with an average at best arm over Herbert.  You would think a franchise who had one of the all time greats in Marino, would have gone for the big QB with the cannon.

Definitely looks like a mistake now, but Herbert had a lot of injuries at Oregon too. I remember one scout saying he wouldn't touch him in the 1st round because he was always hurt. 

Considering how vulnerable to concussions Tua seems to be, and how severe they all seem to have been, I can't imagine trotting him out there again.

I hope Tua hangs it up and is wise with the big $ he's made already.

How many rd1 qb's are there forecasted to be in 25?

Bills look like a boring team to me - how they win w/out their WR's from last year sure is different.

(09-13-2024, 08:27 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I hope Tua hangs it up and is wise with the big $ he's made already.

How many rd1 qb's are there forecasted to be in 25?

Bills look like a boring team to me - how they win w/out their WR's from last year sure is different.

Amazing how the Bills have done little to give Allen some big time playmakers. They basically have a bunch of #3 and #4 WRs, I do not see a true 1 or 2 on the team, Dolphins on the other hand are loaded with playmakers, but even with a healthy Tua they do not have a QB who is athletic enough to run their offense.  Shows how good Allen is, but it will catch up to them.

It just keeps getting scarier and scarier. The severity of the concussions is escalating. As much as he wants to play, he really should consider leaving the game. He needs to think about quality of life after football

First off, I feel bad for him. The concussions are scary and they keep happening. There's not much reason to think they won't keep happening, so long as he keeps playing. He's really risking a lot by being out there (every player is, I know). Scary stuff.

Even if Tua comes back, plays well, etc, I don't see how the Fins can realistically count on him for the next 5 years or however long his contract is. They need either a high level veteran backup or a promising kid. Skyler Thompson is neither.

As far as Herbert-- he's been better than Tua of course but he's been hurt a lot too with ankle and shoulder stuff. Pretty sure he's playing hurt right now too. Dangerous sport.

A couple thoughts...
Tua should never have gone down helmet forward. That's on him. Feet first slide.
However, I feel really bad for him. And this should be the end for him, for his longterm health.
And does anyone have Ryan Tannahill's cell phone number?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(09-13-2024, 09:50 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: A couple thoughts...
Tua should never have gone down helmet forward.  That's on him.  Feet first slide.
However, I feel really bad for him.  And this should be the end for him, for his longterm health.
And does anyone have Ryan Tannahill's cell phone number?

Given his history, the fact that he went in head first and challenged the defender like a fullback would, was just stupid. And I agree on Tannehill. Given the weapons on that team, I doubt they give Skylar Thompson the keys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I think going head first is fine, and often the safest option, but you go head first to avoid contact not initiate contact. Super dumb of him. I don't think it was a massive hit or anything. I think most other players wouldn't have had a problem with it, he's just more sensitive to concussions with his injury history.

That said I think he probably needs to move on from football.