Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sam Darnold
In watching the Field Pass, you can see his confidence grow throughout the game. A little more pressure for Sam this Sunday, at home against a very good team and the fans will be jacked. Just another part of his journey to redemption if he can get there. If Darnold plays well Sunday and the Vikings somehow pull off a win, its going to get interesting from a perception standpoint.

Interesting note: I can't remember where I viewed it, but it was a guy that either knew Darnold or had been following his career in the NFL and he said he noticed that Sam was in 'great shape....had leaned out compared to past years'. He felt this would be helpful to his opportunity in Minnesota. Hadn't heard this anywhere else.

(09-13-2024, 04:15 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: In watching the Field Pass, you can see his confidence grow throughout the game. A little more pressure for Sam this Sunday, at home against a very good team and the fans will be jacked. Just another part of his journey to redemption if he can get there. If Darnold plays well Sunday and the Vikings somehow pull off a win, its going to get interesting from a perception standpoint. KOC going for it on 4th and goal and having Darnold pass for a TD was huge, IMO. Both for Sam and the coaches. Like 'we are going for it' mentality. 

Interesting note: I can't remember where I viewed it, but it was a guy that either knew Darnold or had been following his career in the NFL and he said he noticed that Sam was in 'great shape....had leaned out compared to past years'. He felt this would be helpful to his opportunity in Minnesota. Hadn't heard this anywhere else.

(09-13-2024, 04:15 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: In watching the Field Pass, you can see his confidence grow throughout the game. A little more pressure for Sam this Sunday, at home against a very good team and the fans will be jacked. Just another part of his journey to redemption if he can get there. If Darnold plays well Sunday and the Vikings somehow pull off a win, its going to get interesting from a perception standpoint.

Perception has already changed a little bit for me just after one week. For example, I don't look at the schedule quite the same as I did before. It looked brutal before the season. Even the "easy" second half held many challenges. But now, the Packers, Falcons, Titans, Bears, Jets....meh.

If the Vikings beat the 49ers, or even play them well and lose, the buzz will explode. Not just for Darnold, but KOC as well.

Yah,if the Vikings win? The media will jump and jump hard on the bandwagon...

We'll see...

Like many have been posting this week, we just dont know what we got in the 24 Vikings yet.

We do know what SF brings.

(09-13-2024, 08:25 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Perception has already changed a little bit for me just after one week. For example, I don't look at the schedule quite the same as I did before. It looked brutal before the season. Even the "easy" second half held many challenges. But now, the Packers, Falcons, Titans, Bears, Jets....meh.

If the Vikings beat the 49ers, or even play them well and lose, the buzz will explode. Not just for Darnold, but KOC as well.

I'm on that same bandwagon now as well.
Admittedly, after the first drop-back and he got sacked, I thought..."hooo boy, here we go again"
And then he goes what 12 for 12?
And that dime to Jets put an exclamation point and that TD to Nailor was just sweet (particularly how he faked out the DB).

Yeah, I don't look at our schedule the same way.
If the Vikings win against the 49ers' on Sunday...I'll be pleasantly surprised.  I still think they are the class of the NFC.
And as for next year, I'm not sure that $60mm in cap space is going to field a Super Bowl-bound team....so many things have to go right (and so many can go wrong).
They're willingness to get Gilmore on board at the last minute confirms that they are in it this year, so...drumroll, please:
I think a couple things are in play:
Will we see the Sling'it Sammy that we think it possible?
Will we see the kind of D pressure that we got a hint of last weekend, especially the second. half?
Will we win the turnover battle (key)
Will we have STOOOPID penalties?

Yes, I think if we play our game and don't make mistakes, we can compete on Sunday.
The season is not a write off, like some of us had assumed in recent weeks.

(09-13-2024, 08:43 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Yah,if the Vikings win? The media will jump and jump hard on the bandwagon...

We'll see...

Like many have been posting this week, we just dont know what we got in the 24 Vikings yet.

We do know what SF brings.

Yep: a slightly different version of the team we beat, as a slightly different lineup, last season.

We're missing Addison and Hock. They're missing CMC.

We've got JJ back this time, plus we've swapped Kirko for Sam...and we're still learning what that means for the season. So far, so good.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!