• Blake Cashman (green dot guy)
  • Slingin' Sammy Darnold
  • Aaron Jones
  • Pat Jones II
  • Jalen Nailor
  • Jerry Tillery
  • Dallas Turner
  • Van Ginkelmeister

I think the organization is excited to gauge their level against a good team like San Fran at home. Hometown fans should be pumped and loud. This year is Darnold's time to be the captain of his own destiny. Flores, like Zimmer, is a master of defense, but not a head coach. Minnesota ends up making Flores one of the top 3 highest paid D-coordinators, I think that would keep him here. O'Connell is a hell of a QB whisperer and game planner....I think he's ready to mold some clay in JJM. Oh yeah, there's that JJ McCarthy guy.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952stxmtq57lmmlbm7p5ng...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Biggest surprise to me wasn't Darnold or Brandel, it was Pat Jones. There was a buzz this summer about him having a good camp, but I still thought he might be on the bubble due to all the young edge rushers we brought in (I think I actually cut him in my 53 prediction), but he had himself a great day in New York with 2 sacks. If this continues, the 3-man rotation I liked so much is probably a 4-man rotation. That's got to make Flores smile.
[-] The following 5 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I'm hoping we're going Danielle who by years end.

It sure looks like Flores has some nice chess pieces to move around.

I think our edges and mlb’s will be the difference between a mediocre team and a good team. So far we are good.

The DL name that surprised me was Jerry Tillery. I was not expecting much out of him at all, but his #99 sure looked active out there applying pressure.

I like Flores defensive mindset better than Zimmer's for what it's worth.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

(09-11-2024, 11:42 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I'm hoping we're going Danielle who by years end.

It sure looks like Flores has some nice chess pieces to move around.

I think we will.  Last year, we had Danielle and DJ Wonnum who is a better run defender than pass rusher and Patrick Jones who is a better pass rusher than run defender.

Now we have Greenard who is a younger version of Danielle (complete OLB who can rush and play the run equally well).  Van Ginkel who is a playmaker, Dallas Turner who has an incredible ceiling and we kicked Patrick Jones to a situational pass rusher where he is better suited.

We lost a great player in Danielle, but the sum of the 3 guys we picked up to replace him made our front 7 a heck of a lot more dangerous and unpredictable.
[-] The following 6 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(09-11-2024, 04:36 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: I think we will.  Last year, we had Danielle and DJ Wonnum who is a better run defender than pass rusher and Patrick Jones who is a better pass rusher than run defender.

Now we have Greenard who is a younger version of Danielle (complete OLB who can rush and play the run equally well).  Van Ginkel who is a playmaker, Dallas Turner who has an incredible ceiling and we kicked Patrick Jones to a situational pass rusher where he is better suited.

We lost a great player in Danielle, but the sum of the 3 guys we picked up to replace him made our front 7 a heck of a lot more dangerous and unpredictable.

Good take here, Wet. I think Flo has got some pieces this year he can trust. Next year get some players to compete in that interior of the D-line, and watch out I think. I think if Minnesota could draft DT Deone Walker, he's got that 'crusher of souls' type body and ability....6'5+, 345 lbs. that MOVES.