Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Maestro of Play Calling
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vik...r-AA1qo0pg

Nice, in depth article by Doug Farrar here about KOC's excellent gameplanning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

KOC has been consistently been getting kudos on his play calling, ever since his first season here as head coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(09-11-2024, 11:33 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: KOC has been consistently been getting kudos on his play calling, ever since his first season here as head coach.

You know, Tom....what separates KOC is his connection to the QB. He gets the best out of them because he knows the mechanisms as a college and NFL QB. KOC was a 3rd round drafted QB, so he understands the pressures as well. Failed, but knew what it took to be a great QB as a teacher. Yet relatable. Worked under some very good coaches. Understood the push and pull required. I think that although he very much liked and respected Cousins, he had a hard time how long it to Kirko to mentally recover from stuff. He knows he has a gunslinger mentality with JJ McCarthy, but the kind that will make smart plays under his tutelage. I don't think in the time that KOC was hired by the Vikings, I've seen him as down as he was with the JJM injury news. I think they all saw they could have the dialed-in guy they needed, but also with swag, athleticism, mentality, and most importantly to the ceiling: top notch athleticism. Where they KNEW he would grow because of competitiveness.mart