Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Jordan Love injury does NOT look good....
(09-07-2024, 10:52 AM)1VikesFan Wrote: JJ Watt on playing international games and field conditions.

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/183221...qlQAUCJlrQ&s=19

At least they sent 2 of my 4 least favorite teams out there to play on it...

(09-07-2024, 10:36 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Also, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that initial tests on Love's knee indicated that the anterior cruciate ligament is intact.

Doesn't it always seems like the less pain the more serious the injury? Torn ACL's tend to walk off the field with a barely noticeable limp. And Love appeared to be in a good deal of pain. So maybe a sprain, break or dislocation, which wouldn't end his season necessarily. Either way, I doubt we see him on the 29th.

(09-07-2024, 09:11 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: You hate to see injuries play such a huge role, but I mentioned earlier this summer that the rest of the North was due for some of the shit luck at QB that has befallen us--Culpepper, Teddy, Bradford, Cousins and now McCarthy.

Except this is the Packers so I fully expect him not to be injured enough to miss a game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

My usual mantra.... "I don't care"

Frankly I was more pissed off at the "non-holding" call on Packers RG Rhyan, on Jayden Reed's TD run.

I mean when you're beat, grab a guy around the waist and spin him in the opposite direction...how do you miss that??
But nothing we haven't seen before from the Packers OL.... Holy ISH.

(2nd QTE with 10:24 on game clock if interested)
[-] The following 2 users Like Vanguard83's post:

(09-07-2024, 01:08 PM)Vanguard83 Wrote: My usual mantra.... "I don't care"

Frankly I was more pissed off at the "non-holding" call on Packers RG Rhyan, on Jayden Reed's TD run. 

I mean when you're beat, grab a guy around the waist and spin him in the opposite direction...how do you miss that??
But nothing we haven't seen before from the Packers OL.... Holy ISH.

(2nd QTE with 10:24 on game clock if interested)

And some Packers fans are complaining about bad calls today. Like the holding call against Alexander on the final drive.
I remember a roughing the passer call that went the Packers way but even the announcer said he didn't see anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like FLVike's post:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1832502812342718535

#Packers QB Jordan Love, who went down with a lower leg injury late in his team’s loss to the #Eagles in Brazil, had tests on his knee today that revealed an MCL sprain, source said. No ACL damage.

The time it takes to fully recover from an MCL tear depends on how severe the tear is. A grade 1 (mild) MCL tear usually heals within one to three weeks. A grade 2 (moderate) MCL tear generally takes four to six weeks to heal with treatment. A grade 3 (severe) MCL tear can take six weeks or more to heal with treatment.

Thing is Love throws a real nice deep ball, but he sure is inconsistent on the short and intermediate throws. Lot of poor mechanics too throwing off his back foot over the middle.

Everyone wanted to crown him when the running game took all the pressure off him late last season. Jury still out IMO.

Now he has this to deal with. Be interesting to see what Green Bay does at QB. Malik Willis is NOT going to win them games.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

Looks like he MIGHT have avoided a season ending injury, but if he's out 6 games that could be enough to tank the season. I wouldn't say their next 6 games are killer, but they aren't easy either. Malik Willis has been in Green Bay a whopping 10 days, he won't know the playbook and I wouldn't expect much from him. I'd say its Ryan Tannehill time but Love probably isn't going to be out long enough for that to really be effective.

I guess it really depends on how long they think Love is out...

Sorry about those Wolverines today Sticky...Hopefully the purple bring some joy to the weekend tomorrow.

(09-07-2024, 03:20 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Looks like he MIGHT have avoided a season ending injury, but if he's out 6 games that could be enough to tank the season. I wouldn't say their next 6 games are killer, but they aren't easy either. Malik Willis has been in Green Bay a whopping 10 days, he won't know the playbook and I wouldn't expect much from him. I'd say its Ryan Tannehill time but Love probably isn't going to be out long enough for that to really be effective.

Sounds like an MCL sprain. 3-6 weeks is the timeline. This is about the best case they could've hoped for. Really could've been much, much worse. 

Vikings play the yella team 3 weeks from tomorrow, so this will likely be the rubber game. Could go either way. But I doubt they'll risk the season and the billion dollars they paid Love by putting him in before he's 100%.