Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vikings sign Rypien, waive Hall
(08-29-2024, 09:42 PM)medaille Wrote: Well what is your take on Rypien?  Is he "promising" or at least any more "promising" than Hall?

My half joking take is the amount of the time/energy that this fan base has spent being upset by a third string QB is odd. Darnold is a one year stop gap, on a team not competing for anything. If he goes down we're even less competitive with Mullens. If Mullens goes down we are no more competitive with Hall. Thus I don't get the angst. 

My real take away is that in the coming weeks Hall is either on the PS or the third string QB and all the hyperbole was for not.
[-] The following 2 users Like bigbone62's post:

(08-30-2024, 09:37 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: This mostly. But I'm fine with Gaskin at RB3. 

Here's my take: I don't think KOC or the organization is fond of Hall. Why he continues to speak like he is is beyond me. Maybe he's a nice kid. But the actions of the franchise is they don't care about Jaren Hall's future in Minnesota. Rypien must be more game-ready in their eyes than Hall in case of mass casualties at the position like last year.

Could there be some intel they are probing with the Bears. He just spent the summer installing the new Williams offense. Most likely not, since the will be a lot of exposure prior to week 12.  I wonder how much players share, is there some professional ethic or standard they have?

Video 
(08-29-2024, 04:20 PM)Vanguard83 Wrote: Ummm....Hate to be the one to point this out, but didn't Risner have some sideline altercation / issue with Rypien when they were with the Bronco's?

Yep, there was some sideline shoving going on by Risner
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

The more I look at this, the more I think it’s the injury and the money (business decision). If they kept him his salary is guaranteed and if he isn’t good to go for a bit, it may have made more sense to try to get him at a lower price.

Hall has some ability - he has a nice arm and good mobility. When you watch any QB against the scrubs, your evaluation should be about doing the things a guy needs to do and ignore who he’s facing. Decision making, accuracy, and running the offense are useful areas to evaluate regardless of the actual competition.

Brett Rypian sucks. He’s a step down, but he is healthy. After last year, I think having three good to go is important to them. Important enough to let Hall go. If I was Hall, I’d be furious. He did what he needed to do to make the team and he’s better than Rypian. I’d think long and hard about coming back. If he is injured, he will not be able to pass a physical and may now be stuck hanging out there until he can. I get the move by the team, it doesn’t mean I’d forgive Kwesi anytime soon.
[-] The following 2 users Like Havoc's post:

Some of the best RUN blocking I've seen from Risner was shoving Rypien
[-] The following 3 users Like Vanguard83's post:

Nobody has picked up Hall, so I'm sure the rest of the league is on board with Minnesota. I mean, if Hall comes back, its definitely with his tail between his legs. Its a statement to cut a guy for the QB3 role that is indoctrinated in the system for a guy cold off the street and plugged into the #3 role.

(09-01-2024, 07:58 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Nobody has picked up Hall, so I'm sure the rest of the league is on board with Minnesota. I mean, if Hall comes back, its definitely with his tail between his legs. Its a statement to cut a guy for the QB3 role that is indoctrinated in the system for a guy cold off the street and plugged into the #3 role.

I get wanting to have a guy on the roster with some experience. But since Rypien is new to our offense, in an emergency situation, is he really going to offer more than Hall could have? I guess KOC thinks so. Just a little bit of a head scratcher to me.

(09-01-2024, 10:15 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I get wanting to have a guy on the roster with some experience. But since Rypien is new to our offense, in an emergency situation, is he really going to offer more than Hall could have? I guess KOC thinks so. Just a little bit of a head scratcher to me.

Agreed, so the obvious thought is KOC isn't stupid....so Hall must be not good. I wasn't impressed at all with his preseason, in fact to me it showed his glaring limitations.

(09-01-2024, 10:31 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Agreed, so the obvious thought is KOC isn't stupid....so Hall must be not good. I wasn't impressed at all with his preseason, in fact to me it showed his glaring limitations.

Yet it was this regime that drafted Hall. Sure, they might’ve come to the conclusion that he had no future in the league after seeing him for the past 18 months, but if he’s so bad that they’re willing to walk away already, why draft him in the first place?

(09-01-2024, 10:31 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Agreed, so the obvious thought is KOC isn't stupid....so Hall must be not good. I wasn't impressed at all with his preseason, in fact to me it showed his glaring limitations.

I think it's about the injury, actually. I think Hall might be back at some point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post: