Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts around the NFL, Vikings cuts
(08-27-2024, 05:43 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: We need RB's...

I have no idea how much tread A. Jones has left and 17 games is a loooong season.

Yeah no way we go into the season with just two.  I wonder if we like Perine and were waiting for him to be released?

(08-27-2024, 03:46 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: The final cuts have not been announced, but the Draft / UDFA class of 2024 appears well represented. So far:

QB JJ McCarthy (IR out for year) 1st round
OLB Dallas Turner (1st round)
K Will Reichard (5th round)
OL Michael Jurgens (7th round)
OL Walter Rouse (6th round)
DL Levi Drake-Rodgriguez (7th round)
CB Nudie McGlothern (UDFA)
DL Taki Tamani (UDFA)
OLB Gabe Murphy-Injury designated for return (UDFA)

Pretty good in the draft and hitting on UDFA's I'd say so far. Let's see what the Practice Squad looks like by late tomorrow and more important, let's see how many of these stick in three years.

It's well past cutoff time, and there are still 6 cuts to be announced.

Reichard was a 6th rounder at pick #203. The Vikings had 4 picks #177 and later and all 4 made the 53 for now. Who gets the boot when Hock comes back will be interesting. Too bad nobody bit on a trade for Cine, but with a guaranteed salary of $3 mil next season I'm not surprised. And yes, though he's cut we still have to pay him.

They obviously aren't done, so a player or two currently on the roster is going to be cut for a RB or maybe even a DT. I hope they hold onto Taimani: he's got a little upside and he's very hard to move out of the middle. Complete run stuffer that could get a handful of snaps+ a game, a minor but important chess piece for Flores situationally. Man, good for LDR. I see Jurgens held on as well, at least for right now.

I think there's zero doubt you are seeing that 'eye toward 2025' with this roster.

Source: Lewis Cine is signing with the #Jets.

Former first-round pick starts elsewhere after Minnesota released him Tuesday.

(08-28-2024, 12:30 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Source: Lewis Cine is signing with the #Jets.

Somebody should tell him it's the New York Jets.  With his sense of direction...he may end up in Winnipeg looking for his locker.
[-] The following 3 users Like badgervike's post:

(08-28-2024, 12:30 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Source: Lewis Cine is signing with the #Jets.

Does that not relieve the Vikings of his salary cap hit?

(08-28-2024, 08:28 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: Does that not relieve the Vikings of his salary cap hit?

No because he wasn't claimed on waivers, so he was a FA signing and Vikes are responsible for that cap hit.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
A surprise: The #Raiders are cutting DT Byron Young, their third-round pick from last year, source said. The Bama product was on the initial 53-man roster. Now, out.

(08-28-2024, 12:46 PM)badgervike Wrote: Somebody should tell him it's the New York Jets.  With his sense of direction...he may end up in Winnipeg looking for his locker.

Cine now has decided to sign with the Buffalo Bills practice squad.

Vikings cutting Jaren Hall and signing Brett Rypien, who was cut by the Rams