Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Sign Corral
(08-16-2024, 04:12 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I forget....who was it again that bought the rookie QBs jersey,  thereby condemning his 24 campaign?

I said I hoped he didn't jinx him. I was kidding kinda sorta but...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vikergirl's post:

I would like to see Hall get starter reps for a week and see what he can do in philly next week with the first unti, who ever that ends up being. He looked pretty good against the browns. Would prefer him at the 2, and see how it shakes out with corral or whoever, we brought in mccown and have a former qb head coach, using a roster spot for a QB room helper is stupid. Keep the better players, or at least the younger guys with more upside potential.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

We had two QBs go out for the season in less than a year. Odds must be a million to one that we have another one go down in less than a year.

I don't know what people have against Mullens. Yeah, he threw some picks last year but he's not afraid to make plays and knows the offense the best of any of the backups.

Hall doesn't look like he's made a leap from last year. One nice TD throw and a lot of short inaccurate ones. Corral is a camp arm and a long shot.

If we're looking to upgrade behind Darnold, we should bring in Tannehill. Otherwise, Mullens is a perfectly serviceable backup.

(08-18-2024, 09:47 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: I don't know what people have against Mullens. Yeah, he threw some picks last year but he's not afraid to make plays and knows the offense the best of any of the backups. 

Hall doesn't look like he's made a leap from last year.  One nice TD throw and a lot of short inaccurate ones.  Corral is a camp arm and a long shot.

If we're looking to upgrade behind Darnold, we should bring in Tannehill.  Otherwise, Mullens is a perfectly serviceable backup.

You can't win games with a QB who throws multiple picks & it's not like what we saw from Mullens last season was an aberration. His lifetime interception rate is around 4% per pass attempt. As a comparison, Trubisky & Garoppolo are around 2.5%. Those 400 yard passing games that you'll get from Mullens sure look nice but the multiple picks are game killers. Mullens has reached his ceiling. He is what he is, a gunslinger.

I do agree with you regarding Hall. I do hope though that with the proper investment, Hall can become a game manager level QB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knucklehead's post:

(08-19-2024, 06:48 AM)Knucklehead Wrote: You can't win games with a QB who throws multiple picks & it's not like what we saw from Mullens last season was an aberration. His lifetime interception rate is around 4% per pass attempt. As a comparison, Trubisky & Garoppolo are around 2.5%. Those 400 yard passing games that you'll get from Mullens sure look nice but the multiple picks are game killers. Mullens has reached his ceiling. He is what he is, a gunslinger.

I do agree with you regarding Hall. I do hope though that with the proper investment, Hall can become a game manager level QB.

Jaren Hall is going to be 27 years old before next year's Draft, he's only 3 years younger than Mullens. His arm looks weaker than last year? At least it seems like it to me. I mean unless he's somehow lighting it up behind the scenes, which how can he be with the limited reps, I don't see the team 'investing' too much more time in him. To me, Nick Mullens is the much better backup option and its not close. Could he be resigned to another 2 year contract to back up McCarthy? Yep, definitely could. I think the Vikings would like to take another swing at a developmental QB/#3, probably next Spring in the late rounds of the Draft or an UDFA.

As you mention, Mullens' gun slinger mentality with a pop gun arm usually ends badly for him. But man, the dude is entertaining and is a chain mover. Tough little bastard.

Mullens is reckless and a gunslinger....

But he knows the offense. I think a team could role with him a game or 2, but not 1/2 a season.

(08-18-2024, 09:47 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: I don't know what people have against Mullens. Yeah, he threw some picks last year but he's not afraid to make plays and knows the offense the best of any of the backups. 

Hall doesn't look like he's made a leap from last year.  One nice TD throw and a lot of short inaccurate ones.  Corral is a camp arm and a long shot.

If we're looking to upgrade behind Darnold, we should bring in Tannehill.  Otherwise, Mullens is a perfectly serviceable backup.

Among the 100 or so QBs currently in the NFL, it is a little hard to believe that Tannehill isn't better than one or two of them. Must be a money thing. 

With only Hall and Corral on the roster behind Darnold, Mullens is such a crucial part of this team. With all his faults, when he comes in at QB, you at least know you can run your full offense.

I'd rather watch Hall than any of these backup slugs. Corrall had alcohol issues? Well he looked like he was drunk on Saturday.

As much as we have a decent roster, with even the putrid CB room being helped by Gilmore's arrival, the QB position definitely has the ability to undo it all this year.