Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
First depth chart of year.

Aye....But its unofficial?

I loved how the back-up Qb is listed as JJ OR Mullens lol!

Duh!

(08-06-2024, 10:02 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Aye....But its unofficial?

I loved how the back-up Qb is listed as JJ OR Mullens lol!

Duh!

I wonder if JJM will impress enough to win the 2nd string job. It's looking and sounding like yes, as of today. As a follow-up, I wonder if he'll impress enough that we trade/cut Mullens before the season. Mullens showed last year he can move the sticks. A team with backup QB issues might kick us a future 7th. Might behoove us to just keep him too though.

TJ Hock starting TE? Did I miss something? Like a miracle?

I would imagine the depth chart can change during the season too...

My own guess is when the first official chart is released, it'll be Darnold/Mullens/JJM/Hall

I say this with the rationale being;
1). NFL Experience (Darnold/Mullens)
2). Playbook experience (Mullens)
3). Its a really tough offense to master and took even a vet like KC quite some time to feel comfortable in it.
4). Keep the pressure off JJM while he is in early learning

Hall is really the odd man out and I would not be surprised to see him as an early cut to catch on elsewhere.

(08-06-2024, 03:32 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I would imagine the depth chart can change during the season too...

My own guess is when the first official chart is released, it'll be Darnold/Mullens/JJM/Hall

I say this with the rationale being;
1).  NFL Experience (Darnold/Mullens)
2). Playbook experience (Mullens)
3). Its a really tough offense to master and took even a vet like KC quite some time to feel comfortable in it.
4). Keep the pressure off JJM while he is in early learning 

Hall is really the odd man out and I would not be surprised to see him as an early cut to catch on elsewhere.

I see it a little different, I think JJM is being handed the #2 job and Mullens is on the trade block.  I think Hall will likely be the #3 if they are offered anything for Mullens at all.  If not Hall will be added to the PS and they will look to move Mullens during the season.
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Mullens has been the guy with the notebook and headset who discusses what the defense is doing and who was open etc. when kirk was here. Although he wasn't playing he was involved in the game. He is qualified to continue that role, but it may be a better learning experience for JJ be in that position. I expect JJ to be the backup and Mullens to be gone when the season starts.

Mullens 325k cap hit, he gone unless traded. Only way Mullens sticks is if KOC does not want JJ on the field this year under any circumstance

I'm trying to figure what a good GM would offer for Mullens. Well, if he doesn't view any tape and he doesn't  look at the stats,........hmm,
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

(08-06-2024, 09:25 PM)hogjowlsjohnny Wrote: Mullens has been the guy with the notebook and headset who discusses what the defense is doing and who was open etc. when kirk was here. Although he wasn't playing he was involved in the game. He is qualified to continue that role, but it may be a better learning experience for JJ be in that position. I expect JJ to be the backup and Mullens to be gone when the season starts.

I think this could happen. One part of the plan that KOC might cave on is not having JJM be the primary backup. He might be showing out too much to not have that happen. Its risky, because you're a Darnold injury away from putting McCarthy in as the starter before you want to ideally.