Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a Roaring Start, JD.
(08-01-2024, 12:07 PM)Zanary Wrote: As you're one of 3-4 posters in a 29 page echo-chamber thread on this page, you'll understand if I'm laughing hard at what your "sources" might be...because you're fond of one that's been fined almost a billion bucks for being liars, another filing for bankruptcy for being known liars, and another that's described, even among very neutral sites, as "distorted".

So, yeah, I'm sure the reviews have been positive!

Similarly, one reason I didn't bring up his boosted book sales, as badger found so offensive (or something), is because...he OBVIOUSLY was going to get a boost with his candidacy. So did mattress-politician and occasional VP Harris, whose own book was two years older.  They both got sales boosts when they got onto their respective tickets, as they obviously would.

I see Vance as a huge, missed opportunity...which is basically how I see everything since Trumplestilskin's "ear piercing"; orange boi posted about "unity", then went into typical blathering attack mode with typical fictions and distortions, while Vance COULD have been a slightly different guy, someone to connect with younger voters and to show slightly different, wider views for a bit of variety...but no, he's basically just pushing the same prattle and blaming the media for...reporting things he said, said again, and tripled down on.

Sorry if it's wordy, or too complicated for you.

I wasn't offended.  It's pretty hard to offend me.  I thought throwing in the German Publisher was lazy and pointless and questioned why it was included.  I actually had to go do a search to find out what you were even referring to.  I looked it up and found it was a big nothing burger...in fact the actual point is 180 degrees out of phase with the point you made.  Since you brought it up, it was a lot like Waterboy posting individual athlete deaths in that thread of his with no specific tie to the vaccine..just a lot of innuendo.  Young athletes have died tragically forever particularly in the days of supplements and significantly oversized athletes.  The human body doesn't support 7 ft athletes or 320 pound linemen (See Len Bias and Hank Gathers et al).  Do I believe the science that the vaccine has causes cardio related issues?  Absolutely.  Do I believe you can tie any single death to the vaccine...nope.   I haven't been in that thread in quite some time.

In this case, Vance already had moved to another publisher in Germany.  Frankly, I'm not sure how many sales you're going to get for a German language version of an 8 year old book about growing up in Appalachia and turning out successful.  If I was a German Publisher, I'd have a tough time trying to determine potential new sales in Germany for Hillbilly Elegy.  There's clearly interest in the US as they get to know Vance (as well as Kamala's book is as well).  When you went the whole Red Cap route after I pointed that out...it just wasn't worth responding.  Vance's book is #1 on the New York Times and USA Today best sellers list today btw....

(08-01-2024, 03:57 PM)badgervike Wrote: I wasn't offended.  It's pretty hard to offend me.  I thought throwing in the German Publisher was lazy and pointless and questioned why it was included.  I actually had to go do a search to find out what you were even referring to.  I looked it up and found it was a big nothing burger...in fact the actual point is 180 degrees out of phase with the point you made.  Since you brought it up, it was a lot like Waterboy posting individual athlete deaths in that thread of his with no specific tie to the vaccine..just a lot of innuendo.  Young athletes have died tragically forever particularly in the days of supplements and significantly oversized athletes.  The human body doesn't support 7 ft athletes or 320 pound linemen (See Len Bias and Hank Gathers et al).  Do I believe the science that the vaccine has causes cardio related issues?  Absolutely.  Do I believe you can tie any single death to the vaccine...nope.   I haven't been in that thread in quite some time.

In this case, Vance already had moved to another publisher in Germany.  Frankly, I'm not sure how many sales you're going for a German language version of an 8 year old book about growing up in Appalachia and turning out successful.  If I was a German Publisher, I'd have a tough time trying to determine potential new sales in Germany for Hillbilly Elegy.  There's clearly interest in the US as they get to know Vance (as well as Kamala's book is as well).  When you went the whole Red Cap route after I pointed that out...it just wasn't worth responding.  Vance's book is #1 on the New York Times and USA Today best sellers list today btw....

...maybe he can repeat that feat with "Backpedaling Ohio Boy: the NeverTrumper About-Face"! That title's at least as good as his.

I have to wonder if he's in this for pure damage control, now that orange-boi is babbling incoherence at a Biden-like level. He's insisting that Kamala didn't pass the bar (he's been wrong about that for years), he can't seem to get a single quote about the economy or January 6th right, and his most popular meme looks like he's giving handies to both Putin and Kim-Jong-Un at the same time.

I hope he has more than one of those ties, and/or is better about dry cleaning than Monica Lewinsky. Just sayin'.

(attempts at ribald levity will be hailed as "anger" or "nuclear" momentarily...)
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

I saw this and thought it might fit here....

[Image: are-you-democrat-or-republican-both-can-...=525&ssl=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(08-05-2024, 11:58 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I saw this and thought it might fit here....

[Image: are-you-democrat-or-republican-both-can-...=525&ssl=1]

...and quit fucking over the country.

(08-01-2024, 03:57 PM)badgervike Wrote: I wasn't offended.  It's pretty hard to offend me.  I thought throwing in the German Publisher was lazy and pointless and questioned why it was included.  I actually had to go do a search to find out what you were even referring to.  I looked it up and found it was a big nothing burger...in fact the actual point is 180 degrees out of phase with the point you made.  Since you brought it up, it was a lot like Waterboy posting individual athlete deaths in that thread of his with no specific tie to the vaccine..just a lot of innuendo.  Young athletes have died tragically forever particularly in the days of supplements and significantly oversized athletes.  The human body doesn't support 7 ft athletes or 320 pound linemen (See Len Bias and Hank Gathers et al).  Do I believe the science that the vaccine has causes cardio related issues?  Absolutely.  Do I believe you can tie any single death to the vaccine...nope.   I haven't been in that thread in quite some time.

In this case, Vance already had moved to another publisher in Germany.  Frankly, I'm not sure how many sales you're going to get for a German language version of an 8 year old book about growing up in Appalachia and turning out successful.  If I was a German Publisher, I'd have a tough time trying to determine potential new sales in Germany for Hillbilly Elegy.  There's clearly interest in the US as they get to know Vance (as well as Kamala's book is as well).  When you went the whole Red Cap route after I pointed that out...it just wasn't worth responding.  Vance's book is #1 on the New York Times and USA Today best sellers list today btw....

One Huuuuuugggeee difference in your examples.  The MSM refused for months even years to print the truth about the vaccine, so examples that were questionable were about the only thing that people could reference.  Try googling and you came up with Bupkus.  Now that things have slowly leaked out, the major studies are showing that the vaccines and masking were / are worthless.  The supposed better "outcomes" are the last line of defense in the argument, and even that is now being shown to be blarney as the built in immunity of people already having the virus leads to the same or better outcome then the many times boosted vaxxers.  I agree with your logic on individual examples not proving anything, but given the situation, I think the awareness raised during that time by people that fought back put us in a collectively better situation in preventing another round of forced vaxxing and masking.  It also exposed the government and media in their collusion to hide the truth.  People all know this now, whether they want to admit it is an entirely different story.

(08-06-2024, 08:51 AM)cWaterboy Wrote: One Huuuuuugggeee difference in your examples.  The MSM refused for months even years to print the truth about the vaccine, so examples that were questionable were about the only thing that people could reference.  Try googling and you came up with Bupkus.  Now that things have slowly leaked out, the major studies are showing that the vaccines and masking were / are worthless.  The supposed better "outcomes" are the last line of defense in the argument, and even that is now being shown to be blarney as the built in immunity of people already having the virus leads to the same or better outcome then the many times boosted vaxxers.  I agree with your logic on individual examples not proving anything, but given the situation, I think the awareness raised during that time by people that fought back put us in a collectively better situation in preventing another round of forced vaxxing and masking.  It also exposed the government and media in their collusion to hide the truth.  People all know this now, whether they want to admit it is an entirely different story.

Except, as much as Fauci is a sh*t, the vaccines WERE NOT USELESS, and once you get out of the "sources" at the intersection of Tinfoil Street and Hat Avenue, there are many actual studies NOT done by sources either fined for lying or facing bankruptcy for being shameless conspiracy whores:

COVID-19 vaccines prevented nearly 20 million deaths in 1 year (medicalnewstoday.com)

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/repo...lion-lives

COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Saved 2.4 Million Lives – USC Schaeffer

I've said, MANY times here and elsewhere, that it was handled completely wrong and that the government left a series of steamers in the bed...but the vaccines helped a great many people, whereas those that suffered acute side effects were very few, particularly per capita.

The masks, the 6 foot distancing, and I'd even argue that many of the shutdowns (mostly under Orange Boi) did far more harm than good, and the damage to school students was enormous...but the vaccines are not vaporware, and many helped slow the spread dramatically. All the hatred of Fauci and insistence on blaming the dnc for things that happened under "the Donald" don't change that.

(08-06-2024, 09:13 AM)Zanary Wrote: Except, as much as Fauci is a sh*t, the vaccines WERE NOT USELESS, and once you get out of the "sources" at the intersection of Tinfoil Street and Hat Avenue, there are many actual studies NOT done by sources either fined for lying or facing bankruptcy for being shameless conspiracy whores:

COVID-19 vaccines prevented nearly 20 million deaths in 1 year (medicalnewstoday.com)

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/repo...lion-lives

COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Saved 2.4 Million Lives – USC Schaeffer

I've said, MANY times here and elsewhere, that it was handled completely wrong and that the government left a series of steamers in the bed...but the vaccines helped a great many people, whereas those that suffered acute side effects were very few, particularly per capita.

The masks, the 6 foot distancing, and I'd even argue that many of the shutdowns (mostly under Orange Boi) did far more harm than good, and the damage to school students was enormous...but the vaccines are not vaporware, and many helped slow the spread dramatically. All the hatred of Fauci and insistence on blaming the dnc for things that happened under "the Donald" don't change that.

Oh, but it's fading, now you should both get covid and the vaccines and a booster to be at your safest.  Anyone believing the numbers you post above are simply the same sheeple that bought into the whole vaccine / mask / Fauci BS to begin with.  The slippery slope continues on, and my isn't the silence on getting boosted deafening.  lol   This is simply an organized effort to save face.  And BS.

Natural immunity as protective as Covid vaccine against severe illness (nbcnews.com)

Should've read the NBCNEWS article, because even the natural immunity can benefit from boosters:

"Notably, the immunity acquired from infection did appear to wane more slowly than the immunity from two doses of an mRNA vaccine.

However, Murray said a booster dose would return protection to a higher level."

Right from your article.

BTW, this clown is a hilarious pick for VP. If you're a communist, pick somebody to your left. lol He does fit the "fraud" profile, but he's "folksy".

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/08...lz-stolen/

It's also Darwinian as hell, because it's the people with comorbidities, always was, that were at the most risk...so they're in a MUCH higher risk game of "FAFO", just betting on natural immunity.

They have options, ones that your sunkist savior not only championed, but has utilized himself. You can keep insisting that they're useless, but a whole lot of actual scientists that aren't going bankrupt from BS or just echo-chambering on a football board seem to know a bit more.