Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: JJ McCarthy is signed
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...4651496946

Sources: Minnesota Vikings No. 10 overall pick J.J. McCarthy is signing a four-year, fully-guaranteed contract worth $21.85 million that includes a $12.71 million signing bonus and a fifth-year team option.

[Image: GS3LxKWWAAAmDUF?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[-] The following 9 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Good!

Gotta luv the 5th year team option

He can concentrate on football now.

Hopefully Turner news is soon.

Good for JJ, this was always going to get done. Each side just had to make sure the deal was right for both.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

Knew this was imminent but still really good hear. Signed before rookies report is a good thing.

Guaranteed contracts aren't going away. JJM's is wholly guaranteed, something they've never done before. Guys get hurt in the NFL, teams have bad offensive lines, some organizations are garbage. If you are a 1st round NFL drafted QB, I don't blame any agent for saying, 'why wouldn't you guarantee it all?'.

(07-19-2024, 02:32 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Guaranteed contracts aren't going away. JJM's is wholly guaranteed, something they've never done before. Guys get hurt in the NFL, teams have bad offensive lines, some organizations are garbage. If you are a 1st round NFL drafted QB, I don't blame any agent for saying, 'why wouldn't you guarantee it all?'.

One reason they may be reluctant to guarantee it all is the player after getting paid may turn into a knucklehead and think they are invincible off the field.  Do something stupid that puts their life or the lives of others in jeopardy like maybe driving 100 in a 55 or I don't know driving after being at the bar late at night.

(07-19-2024, 03:10 PM)Greylock Wrote: One reason they may be reluctant to guarantee it all is the player after getting paid may turn into a knucklehead and think they are invincible off the field.  Do something stupid that puts their life or the lives of others in jeopardy like maybe driving 100 in a 55 or I don't know driving after being at the bar late at night.

Not for 1st round QBs they won't.....

(07-19-2024, 03:10 PM)Greylock Wrote: One reason they may be reluctant to guarantee it all is the player after getting paid may turn into a knucklehead and think they are invincible off the field.  Do something stupid that puts their life or the lives of others in jeopardy like maybe driving 100 in a 55 or I don't know driving after being at the bar late at night.

Or, being Burrow...who can't seem to start a season on time, lately.

I have to hope that the guaranteed contracts come with some heavy expectations, that kinds of things that would cost an "Addison" heavily for offseason tomfoolery.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Well, I have to enter a message longer than 5 characters so...

BOOM

They were allegedly haggling over how much of the signing bonus JJ would get right now.  Recent high QB draft picks have gotten the whole bonus up front, but the Vikings had paid out their 1st round bonuses in installments. Curious to find out if the Vikings finally caved.

Now Kwesi, please sign the guy that will play this year  Tongue